Ch. 26: The Child Arrives

The next day, you're in Goatshire, visiting your mom. You're at her house. You're both sitting on the couch, talking to each other. Your mom says, "It's so good having you over, honey." She's got a glass of wine in her hand and she takes a sip. You say, "I'll visit you as much as I can, mama."

She says, "I'd appreciate it, honey. My only child. I'm just thankful you're giving me a grandchild... So, her name will be Cindy, huh?" You nod and you say, "Yeah. That's the name I've got picked out for her. Her official name." She says, "That is a pretty name. I always knew you were fond of the letter 'C' with names."

You suddenly gasp and you get up, clinching your stomach. Your mom gets up and says, "Baby? You okay?" You say, "Mama... I think I'm going into labor! I'm having Cindy!" She says, "Shit. Come on, baby. Let's get you to the hospital." Your mom approaches you and grabs you. She says, "Let's go." You both leave her house.

You get outside and your mom gets her phone out. She calls Billie's mom Belle and she says, "Hey, Belle. It's Gayle.... Yes. (Y/N)'s going into labor. I'm taking her to the hospital right now... Yes. Please come along... Thank you." She hangs up and she grabs you saying, "Get in the car, sweetie." You say, "Oh shit!" You pant a bit. Your mom says, "I know, I know. I've been through this with you, twenty-five years ago."

Your mom gets you in the passenger's side of her car and you look to see Billie and Belle walk out of their house. They run to your mom's car. Your mom says, "Good. You're both here. Get in the back. (Y/N)'s about to have the baby." 

They see you in the front seat and Billie says, "We'll be on our way, (Y/N)! Don't worry!" You smile and you say, "Thanks, Billie!" You put your hands on your stomach and you gasp and yelp, "Ahh! It's coming!" Billie and her mom get in the backseat and your mom gets in on the driver's side. They all close the doors. Your mom says, "Alright. Let's go." She starts the car and drives you all to the hospital.

**********************************************************

Moments later, you're at the Goatshire Hospital about to give birth to your daughter. Your mom's in there with you. Billie, her mom Belle, Aristotle, Lou and Lily are waiting downstairs in the lobby. 

Lou says, "Wait." Billie and Lily look at him. Lou says, "Where's Barnaby?" Billie says, "Hey! Good question. He's the father of the child. I was told the kid will be an owl. Like Barnaby." Belle says, "He is a ghost and I'm sure he's been made aware of his child arriving today. He'll be around... Right? 

Aristotle says, "Oh yeah. He'll be here alright. Something tells me he'll be extremely protective of little Cindy and since she'll be a girl. He'll be deadly protective that is." Billie says, "At least he already loves his kid enough to do so." Lily says, "At least he loves his child." Billie says, "Right?"

Right up in the nursery, you're in a room giving birth. Your mom's right by you. The doctor is in front of you and delivering your child. You pant and your mom says, "Come on, honey. Push." You yell, "I'm trying, goddammit!!" 

Your mom looks at the doctor and says, "Just like any woman giving birth. I was the same way." The nurse says, "Yeah. Hostility is normal during this. I know. I have three kids. Two daughters and a son." You yell, "Aahh!! W-where the fuck is Barnaby?! BARNABY!!"

The doctor and your mom see a figure appear. It's Barnaby. He says, "My dear. I was informed." You say, "Finally! Where the fuck were you, Barnaby?!" He approaches you and he grabs your hand. You squeeze his and he gasps. He says, "No worries, my sweet. I'm here, now. Ooh hoo hoo! My little one will be here soon." He holds your hand.

The doctor says, "Give me another push, (Y/N)." You push and you feel some pain. Your walls are loosening a bit and you yelp saying, "Ahh, shit! My walls! Oh fuck, this sucks donkey balls!!" You squeeze Barnaby's hand tightly. A very tight grip as if you're crushing his hand because of the pain you feel. His eyes widen and he yelps, "YOUCH!! H-how do I still feel this with being a ghost?!!"