Ch. 21: Barnaby Meets your Mom/ Fantoccio

You and your mom get to the other side where Barnaby's manor is located. You come out of the ground of the same gravestone you've been going in and out of from there to Goatshire. You both get up and your mom looks around. She says, "So, this is what it's like, huh? This is where you'll be living?" You say, "Yeah. Come with me. Barnaby's expecting you. His soon to be mother-in-law." 

Your mom follows you. You get to the gates and they open. Your mom says, "Just like any haunted house, huh?" You say, "I really do get my words from you." She smiles and says, "You and I watched the same stuff with you growing up, honey." You both walk through and you grab her hand.

You head up the steps and you get up to the yard of the manor. You say, "Right over here. The purple double doors." You bring her to the front doors of the manor and they open on the sides like a door to a Ferrari. She says, "Wow. The doors open like that?" You say, "Come inside. There's more for you to see." You bring your mom into the manor and the doors close behind you both.

Your mom says, "Of course. The cliche of doors closing behind you at haunted houses." You say, "I said that too when I first came here with Billie. Come with me and we'll find Barnaby." Your mom follows you.

You get to a hallway and you yell, "Barnaby! Babe, I'm here! I've got my mom with me!" You and your mom both hear this, "Oh hoo hoo hoo hoo! It's about time! I'd be delighted to meet your mother!" You look up to see Barnaby on the ceiling and you smile. Your mom gasps. You say, "It's alright, mama. This is him." She says, "He really is a ghost, isn't he?" 

Barnaby stretches his neck down and he looks right at your mom with that grin. He says, "Oh hoo hoo! Well well. Lookie here! I'm finally meeting you. My soon to be mother-in-law." Your mom says, "So, you're Barnaby, huh?" He says, "Correct. I'm Barnaby. The ghost owl that runs this place. I'm happy to finally meet you... Gayle, was it?" She nods and says, "Yeah. My name's Gayle. You're right."  

He brings his face back to his normal length and he comes down from the ceiling. He faces you and your mom and he says, "It's an honor to meet you, Ms. Gayle." Your mom says, "So long as you're treating my daughter right, I'm fine with you. Ghost or not." He sighs and says, "Ah, it's nice to have your approval." 

She says, "I'm just happy my only child is finally getting married." She smiles and says, "I'm hoping for grandkids soon." She grins. Barnaby says, "That may be possible. I may be a ghost, but it's still possible for me to help conceive an offspring." You blush, thinking about this. It's true. You and Barnaby screwed at least four times in less than a month without protection. You could actually be pregnant anytime. 

Barnaby says, "Why don't we show your mother around the manor, huh?" You say, "Fine by me." You look at her and you say, "Mom?" She says, "Yeah, okay. Let's explore." You smile and you take her hand. You both follow Barnaby around the manor.

***************************************************

The next day, you're at home at the manor. And since now your mom lives in your previous house in Goatshire. You're in the library. You're looking at a book about zombies. It's at least fifty years old. Like from the 70s. But you were interested in it, so you read more about it. And it's got illustrations in it.

You suddenly hear a raspy male voice saying this, "So, you're the bride-to-be, huh?" You look around and you say, "Hello?" You hear this, "Over here in the doorway, lady." You look over in the doorway and you see a short guy. He's got on a green hat, green poncho like suit, etc. You say, "Oh. Hi there." 

He smirks. You say, "I'm not going to make assumptions, but are you... Fantoccio?" He says, "Well, you assumed right. I... am the great... Fantoccio!" He floats about seven feet in the air and he raises his arms up. You see books and other things being lifted by brightly colored orange strings and you smile. You look at him and you say, "You really are him, huh?" He says, "Correct." 

He stops what he's doing and he gets down. The books fall to the floor. The Barnaboos come out and they pick up the books, putting them back in their places. You look at Fantoccio and you say, "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you." He nods. He says, "So, you're about to marry the ghost, huh?" You nod.

You sit at a table and you say, "Come sit down. Let me get to knowing you, Fantoccio." He says, "Alright. Sure." He approaches you and he sits in the chair next to you. You face him and he faces you.

You say, "Fantoccio. Is that supposed to be a cross between fantastic and Pinocchio?" He says, "Look at that. The ghost guy is about to marry a smart one. Yes. That's the combination of my name." You say, "You seem to be close to Barnaby, yourself. Am I right? Friends in the past or what?" 

He says, "Well... More than that, actually." You look at him. He says, "If you're marrying him soon, I'm assuming you've even screwed him a couple of times at least, am I right? You screwed the ghost, too." You say, "Well... Yeah, I have. Four times at least." He says, "I thought so." 

You say, "Wait... too?" You look at him and you say, "Have YOU?" He looks at you and says, "Yeah. Twice." You say, "So, he did have more to do with you than just being acquainted... What did you think of those moments?" He smirks and he sits back saying, "Ooh, he was good.~" You smirk and you say, "Yeah he is.~" He chuckles.

He shakes his head and he says, "But anyways. He had a plan for me for your wedding day next year." You say, "That you perform?" He says, "Yeah." You say, "I won't mind. I would love entertainment. I saw how you lifted those books when you introduced yourself. Umm..." He says, "What?" You say, "Has Billie faced you before like she did with Barnaby?" 

He says, "Do you mean that interfering goat?" You nod. He says, "Then yeah. I have. Thorn in my side, she was." You say, "Little note, Fantie." He says, "What?" You say, "She's going to be in my wedding. She and I are close. She's like a little sister to me since I got to Goatshire from Cat Scales." 

He says, "Ah, alright. At least I get a good feeling about YOU if Barnaby wanted you." You say, "Well, you and I already have something in common... We both fucked the ghost owl." He blushes and says, "Uhh. Y-yeah. That's true." You smirk and you giggle. 

He sighs and says, "I'm alright with you so far, but I feel like you're that crazy slutty type when it comes to Barnaby, himself." You say, "I mean... I am his fiancée now, so it doesn't matter." He says, "Good point." You and Fantoccio talk the rest of the time.