Ch. 23: Your Announcement

You're in the living room. You're on your phone and you're calling your mom. You get this, "Hello? (Y/N)?" You say, "Hey, mama. How are you?" "Im fine. You?" "Mom. I have something to tell you. You need to know." "You're getting married. I know, honey." "That's not it, mom. Barnaby and I found something else out. I'll inform Billie and her mom later, but I need YOU to be the first person I tell this to because you're my mom." 

She says, "Honey. Just tell me. What is it?" You say, "Barnaby and I found out from his doctor Barnaboo... that I'm pregnant." She gasps over the phone and she says, "You're pregnant?!" "Yeah." "Oh my god. H-honey! Congrats to you! Ooh, I'm finally gonna have a grandbaby of my own. You're my only child. I've always wanted grandchildren before I die." "Well, now you'll have one mama. I found out a half an hour ago that I'm pregnant with Barnaby's child." 

Your mom says, "I'm getting you guys all sorts of stuff. Toys, clothes. You name it. Anything for my grandbaby." "As soon as we reveal the gender of the unborn, we'll let you know." "I appreciate it, honey. Oh, I'm just so happy my only child's making me a grandma. I needed my only child to bear fruit." "Trust me, mama. Barnaby and I can't wait, either. We'll have the child right before we're married." "I'm so happy for you, baby." "Thanks, mama." "Love you, honey." "Love you too, mama." 

You hang up and you dial Billie's number. You put your phone up to your ear and you wait. You get this from Billie, "Hello? (Y/N)?" You say, "Hi, Billie. How are you?" "Good." "That's good. Hey. Guess what, hon?" "What?" "Barnaby and I just found something out a while ago. I've already told my mom." "What is it?" "I'm pregnant." "What?! You are?!" 

You nod and you say, "Yep. We both found out from Barnaby's Barnaboo doctor. He detected it. Ghosts know, hon." "W-wow. Congrats to you." "Awe, thanks Billie." "Yeah. Sure thing." "Hey. Listen. If you're interested when the kid's around, would you like to babysit for us when Barnaby and I are out on a date or busy or if my mom's busy as well?" "Okay. I will." "Thanks, hon." "Sure thing. Um... No offense, but I still feel uneasy about Barnaby. I'll do this for YOU, (Y/N). I do however wonder how a ghost got you pregnant. And I don't mean that you guys... You know. Did THAT. But because he's a ghost." 

You lay back and you say, "Umm... Anything's possible?" "Right. Thanks for letting me know this. About your pregnancy." "Sure thing. I wasn't going to keep that from you. Besides, you can't keep pregnancy a secret anyways. The only thing I kept secret from you Billie... was that I was seeing Barnaby until you came here and found us out." "Hey. I'm alright with it, now. Besides. You're going to be married to him... and have a kid with him." "But I couldn't be happier. He may be the twisted ghost owl, but I love him." "I'll do all of this for you, (Y/N). Just know that." 

You smile and you say, "Thanks, Billie. I appreciate this a lot. Barnaby and I will need all the help we can get. It's been up to one hundred years for him since he had a kid. He had a son named James. Same name my dad had before he died." "My dad's dead too. Don't feel left out on this. I know of someone who can possibly bring them back, whether they're ghosts or just voices." "Who?" "Aristotle. He's my mentor. He knew my dad really well." "I see. I may have to stumble upon this Aristotle guy at one point. This seems like he knows a lot. And about the whole Barnaby not having a child in a century... He may not be as used to it as he was then. It's been a long time for him and this is MY first child." "(Y/N). I'll help you look out for the kid. I will. My mom loves babies. Trust me." You smile and you say, "Awe. Thanks, hon." "Anytime." 

You hang up and you sigh and smile saying, "I'm glad I'm getting support and love from mama and Billie." You lay there on the bed and you sigh. You hear the door opening and you hear one of the Barnaboos saying, "Oh, Miss. Mr. Barnaby is waiting for you downstairs." You sit up and you smile saying, "Coming, now." 

You get up and you follow the Barnaboo out of the room. You follow him down the hallway and to the stairs. You head downstairs and you get down there. You look around and you yell, "Barnaby! Yoohoo! Baby!" 

You hear this, "Oh, there you are, my dear." You smile and you turn around. You see him appear and he says, "There's the soon to be mother of my child and bride to be." You say, "Now you know that the child being born before marriage doesn't matter, anymore. Nobody gives a shit, anymore." 

He says, "I'm fully aware. I've read upon this. I've followed technology. Anything that was popular throughout the century. I have Wi-Fi and you know it. I watch TV and movies. I listen to music... on YouTube. I've been keeping up my dear. Besides, I'm a man... or ghost of LGBTQ. You know I've had my moments with Fantoccio twice before we broke up. I've watched Monsters University many times." 

You smile and you say, "I like that, too. Monsters Inc is really great. Now I know why Randall's so sour in the first movie after seeing Monsters University." You look at him. He says, "Judging by how you're looking at me, you know I've been so nice for too long during my living days until that BITCH Viola turned her back on me and our son. That Randall Boggs from Monsters Inc and University is relatable in my eyes. I just don't show much of my anger like he does. Nor is he the type to laugh and smile as much as I do. He's me, just not happy. Hoo hoo hoo hoo!" 

You say, "Bring your head down to me, Barnaby." He stretches his neck down. You stroke his face and you say, "You may be happy, sweetie. Be that silly and handsome guy I know... But you're still sad, yourself. If it weren't for me staying with you or loving you, you'd be miserable. You terrorizing Goatshire was proof, baby."  

He pulls you close in his wing and he says, "And you're right, my darling. Oh, how sad I was when you walked out on me. You really hurt me. Broke my heart, despite it not beating anymore. Just because I'm a ghost doesn't mean..." 

You look at him and you say, "That you can't feel emotions." He leans in and says, "Exactly. Come here.~" He pulls you closer and you wrap your arms around him. He leans in and he kisses you. You kiss him back. He has both wings around you. You moan a bit into the kiss.

You pull away and he says, "You're wise to announce your pregnancy to your mother and the goat, my dear." You say, "Babe. I like to be honest." He says, "Oh hoo hoo hoo! Oh, This baby will be the greatest thing in our lives... Well, your life and my afterlife." 

You sigh and you say, "I just want to be the best mom I can be." He says, "Don't fret. You will be, (Y/N) dear. Come along. Let's get you something to eat. You're eating for two, now." He puts you down and you follow him elsewhere.