𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱: 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟏, 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟏: 𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐭

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Frankly, it's my job." I said in all my due defense. "And no my job isn't to boss people around, what is wrong with you? You're just going to pin everything on me? When you... When you're a raging alcoholic." I called him out for it. Dead center.

"Have you ever thought alcohol just loved me a little more?"

"You have a problem." I scoffed back at him. "An actual problem."

Luke holds the pack of cigarettes out to me. "Please, be my guest."

"Be your guest? You're the guest." I retaliated in sweet return.

"Take one. It's on me. For all the shit I've put you through thus far, drama llama."

"That's Mackenzie to you."

"Whatever." He shrugged, speaking as the cigarette hung low between his lips. "Come on, I insist. Take one."

Was I going to tell him I had never smoked a cigarette before or just take the damn thing? I was utterly conflicted. "Yeah, it's cool. Let me have it." I said dismissively.

I pull one out shyly, and slowly as I stared at him.

"What's the hold up back here?" Jess asked, looking at the both of us back and forth as she leaned on the door. As she did, I quickly tucked the cigarette into my jean pocket.

"Luke needed a break. Um, sorry, I was trying to call him back in, but he was being difficult." The confession brimmed from my edge.

"Alright. Well everybody's gonna take five. Luke, get it together. You'd best have it together in five minutes."

"Five minutes is all that I need." He said as smoke dripped in wisps from his lips.

Jess motions a hand for me to follow her, as I abided. I don't take another glance at Luke, though I could feel his burning stare pleading my treasure trove of mystery.

I end up wondering about the cigarette in my pocket, and what it'd be like to smoke one for the first time.

The rest of the work day carried on to be a daze, Luke came back in, in a tranquil state of mind as he had successfully filmed his segments respectively. I had to keep an eye on him, and unfortunately I felt this responsibility over him to make sure he was in line after finding out what I did—about the bottle of liquor he brought into the house. I didn't mean to be such a Debby downer, and in all honesty and fairness, I didn't want to have to be. Which is why I was so pissed at him in the first place. I didn't mean to be so dramatic either, but I guess that's just in all my defense.

I trudged outside and into the trailer just a curb away from the beach. This trailer was practically my personal office, well, almost, but basically. This was where all of the editing would take place. And so it commenced. Eventually, other editors came in to help out and gradually I felt things were easier to take on with the team.

"There needs to be drama. Without it this show'll sink, and we'll have to axe it."

"Oh come on, don't be that one editor. I think the more organic and natural we keep things on this show, the better. The authentic 5 Seconds of Summer, it's what their entire fan base knows." I interjected with a sheer confidence. "We keep things authentic, and let them do their thing. Whatever happens, happens on this show. Now that's reality TV." I suggested.

A chorus of folks agreed, with a sea of nods and yeah's.

I smiled, as people cheered me on, giving me pats on the shoulder, even one of the editors had playfully ruffled my hair in an encouraging manner.

|MOLLY.|

"You're left to wonder where the damn cheez-it's are in this house. And when you turn around, you see Michael and Calum hogging them in the kitchen, playing toss and calling points on whoever gets the most cheez-it's in each other's mouths. All I know, it's going to be an eventful time here at the beach house in Los Angeles. Give me the damn cheez-it's! Hand it over!" I hollered towards behind the camera.

Calum, my boyfriend had tossed a cheez-it towards me and caught me off guard for a moment before I attempted to catch it with a gaping mouth. I was lucky to catch the cheez-it and enjoyed its cheesy goodness.

"Oh yeah." I laughed as Calum had yelled "OHHH!" in awe and excitement.

I took a quick glance at the next flip card, after the talking about something goofy that's happened recently. It was to talk about how excited I was to be here. I couldn't help but think about the recent argument Calum and I had on the way over here though. I was caught speechless, before Calum had came to camera one, to give me a big hug.

"Oh my God, Calum, stop." I said sternly, as I gasped, simpering when he had gave me the biggest peck on the cheek.

"I love you. You got this babygirl." He murmured into my ear as he absolutely smothered me.

"Love you too." I smiled, and it was a big one. A big smile. "I guess he isn't mad at me anymore." I laughed into the camera, feeling my worries wash away.

"So, as for the level of excitement being here.. Dare I say, I'm absolutely dreading it here. No, I'm just playing. But if I get a single whiff of Mikey's stinky socks, I'm out. I'm packing my bags, and I'm headed back home." I joked, giggling. "No, but I warned him. We've got chores to do. There's about six of us here, and as far as chores go, oh they go. And even Crystal and I made a pact, that if the guys didn't clean, we'd definitely be going on strike. And it'd be damn moving. As in like, they'd best scootch the pootch!" I rambled on. "So if things are in check when it comes to chore duty, because I do know for sure quite a few parties are gonna go down while we're here. And parties will be parties. They're going to be the most brutal clean ups. Brutal!"

"Look, if you have a problem with that, we'll clean." Michael said off camera as I looked over at him.

"You're bluffing."

"It's not an issue Molly. We'll clean, alright? God, you're such a prude."

"Yeah well fuck you too." I gladly flipped him off, rolling my eyes. "I'm gonna need a damn cigarette. Can I smoke on camera?" I asked, fluffing my hair.

"Nope. Outside." One of the camera men said.

"Alright." I sighed. "Anyhow. I'm more than excited to be here. More than excited, absolutely. I think things'll be fucking great around here."

"Is my shot done now?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "Yeah? Yeah, cool. I'll be back." I sighed, getting up from my seat impatiently before I had pulled out a cigarette and glanced into one of the extra cameras that caught my side profile.

╰ ── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ── ╯