𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐦𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐠𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬

╭ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──   ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ── ╮

╭   ──   ⋅ ⋅   ──    ✩     ──     ⋅ ⋅     ──    ╮

|LUKE|

IT WAS A STORM OF PRESS AND PAPS LATER, WHEN LUCKILY, WE GOT TO TAME THEM AFTER ANSWERING SOME OF THEIR BURNING QUESTIONS AND SETTLED ON SOME PHOTOS TO BE TAKEN. Of course, not every question were to be answered, but that's life as we know it— the blokes and I. And along the lines of privacy, it just had to be the way it was. The rest was stuff that hadn't even been in the band's and I's knowledge along the lines of how the reality tv show was going to go. As of now, there were surprisingly already conclusions on how the show would go on my end, according to social media and pretty much anywhere you could read anything about 5 Seconds of Summer. I was a sap according to a lot of the headlines. A sap who had everything then lost it all to a girl named Daisy Porter. The fans were quick to defend me on social media when it came to gossipers who had their table of rumors. These headlines were all lies though, this facade that painted me like a picture and tugged at my strings like a puppeteer's puppet. I'm a musician, an artist. Everything was a matter of opinion when it came to my relations.

The band and I are sitting at a tall marble table.

"You could take your shades off you know?" Calum suggestively said as I get a glance at him from behind my darkly tinted sunglasses.

"I'm good. I enjoy the vampire aura." I replied with humor.

"Yeah, man, well even you're making me uncomfortable," Michael said.

"How? How." I defensively shrugged.

"It's broad daylight man." He said. "Who does that?" He joked.

I chuckled, shrugging with nonchalance. "Frankly, I do. Not to come off-well how the Brits would call it, a wanker, but I'd rather the gin doesn't do the talking today."

"Gin? You know this is the third day in a row you've been daytime drinking right?"

"Well, whatever Michigan has to offer? Inspires me. And tonic gin was just pleading for my reach."

"Just sober up a little before our management team gives us shit for this, alright?" Calum sighed, the frustration clear in his rasped voice, though I felt nothing but empty to the given notion.

My phone rings for the twelfth time today, and I immediately tap the end button. It was my mom. Mom has been trying to reach me for just about as long as the bottle lasted; three days. Though I knew what she was going to tell me, that everything was going to be okay, perhaps even drop the big R bomb that I just didn't want to hear. Rehabilitation. The last time I answered the phone was about a week ago, and all she did was cry. Even in a drunken state of mind, I gave up. I just gave up.

As for the alcohol, it got me by when I shut everyone out after the breakup with Daisy. I never would've expected it, to be in love with her, to be everything about her for three years just to call it quits. Though I never saw it coming, one day I guess it hit her that I wasn't the man she once knew. I gave her my life, and it was nothing but a distant horizon. It hit me, that even things like love, the most graspable things in this life are meant to be lost. The thought hits me in the mornings on the couch alone, even in the afternoons when I just pleaded for the day to be over. I sunk, truth be told. Though the more hungover I was in the mornings, I came to realize she threw the relationship away for glamorized crocodile tears, for a means to an end. It was this endless cycle of resentment and the realization of being fucked over, that was my life. Is my life.

Pretty much, I had no idea what I was going to walk into with Me Myself & I. It was worth a shot to try for the band, and even for every face in the crowd. Doubtfully, as for my pitch in all honesty; it'd sound something like, another fourth would be dandy. It's just me myself & I after all. The irony's as thick as those walls around my heart it felt just about like.

Doubtfully again, I had a strong feeling that my script was going to be the most difficult perpetuity yet. That still stands to be true as the bottle of gin keeps knocking into my water bottle inside my backpack.

"Luke? Earth to Luke! Our flight's going to depart. If you don't haul your ass, you're stranded in Michigan forever." Ashton humored.

"Inspires me. What'd I say?" I shrugged my shoulders boastfully.

"Pussy!" Michael hollered at me randomly as I stifled a laugh.

╰ ── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ── ╯