𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐫𝐛 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐮𝐩𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲

╭ ──  ⋅ ⋅  ──  ✩  ──  ⋅ ⋅  ── ╮

|MACKENZIE|

     MY SILK SKIN BRUSHED THE COLD GRASS BLADES, AS I TUCKED A STRAND OF HAIR BEHIND MY EAR. This was a place of peace for me, even a place of deep contemplation. I fiddled with a dandelion, my fingers daring to near its petals. It was in the heart of boredom that had me picking at the petals and gazing at the white silk flower falling to the grass.

Suddenly, I'm interrupted by the sound of hissing sprinklers, water sputtering, and soaking the artificial grass. I jumped slightly at the sound of a lever being pulled, pulsating a realistic purple and orange sunset onto the painted cement wall behind me.

"Hey, Mackenzie. Time's up." Tina Fey mused, tucking her hands into the pockets of her blazer. "You know we're here filming SNL all season round."

"Of course. Oh yeah, of course." I glanced at the crew beginning to prep equipment around the studio. "Hey, Tina?"

"Yeah, Mackenzie?"

"Is there any particular reason why you're telling me this? That the SNL crew's got this studio booked all season."

"Well, we're going to need the studio, Mackenzie." She motioned, taking a look at her watch. "So you best be off. Wherever you're headed to." Tina continued to hint.

"Right. Right, I should get going." Frazzlement took over me, as I rapidly pointed towards the double doors across the studio with hurry to my step. It wasn't my intention to show up to the televising studios so early, but I was here for an important meeting today and it was in, and out as my feline Jerry needed to be fed at home. On top of my enthusiasm to be here, I was up quite early, tuning into AM radio and heating a cappuccino getting ready for what is to be my big break. Whoever 5 Seconds of Summer were, (they were this Australian band that I only heard of about six days ago actually, but barely know a thing about) they were now the sole reason why I won't be having to worry about paying rent for the next lifetime, the filming of their new reality tv show 'Me Myself & I' would be the very reason why I won't go broke. So anyhow, when Jess Simmons, the executive CEO of channel two's urban upbeat reality tv show phoned me with this exciting news, I didn't hesitate, nope not even once.

Walking across the busy street of the film crew scattering the place, I fiddled with my employee badge, taking the biggest inhale and the most ginormous exhale. I swing the door open, entering another building. I dart over to the elevator without even greeting the receptionist.

"Hey, Poppy." I smiled, taking a short pause as my gaze traveled to her badge hanging on a lanyard. "I've got to feed my cat, so just in a bit of a rush here."