𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱: 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟏, 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟏: 𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐭

Start from the beginning

"For?" He asked cluelessly.

I walked over to him, motioning over to the cue cards that were held up by one of the staff. Jim, I think. "Jim over here--"

"It's Jordan." He corrected me in unamusement as I laughed it off nervously.

"Oh! Oh wow, I suck. Well, Jordan over here is going to be helping you out, he's going to be guiding narrative pieces."

"Woah, if it's scripted then I don't think I can do this."

"It's not scripted, Luke. It's simply an outline to guide what we want to be covering in the show. For instance, if it says to talk about how excited you are to be here, then that's just exactly what you're going to be doing. In any way you'd like to." I said, tucking the pen behind my ear as it brushed my tousled hair. "You got that?" I looked over at him as he gazed into my eyes for sometime.

"Alright. Got it." He nodded once. "And can I curse?"

"Cursing is encouraged. But only so far. You're gonna get bleeped inevitably."

"Wow." He chuckled. "That's pleasant."

"What did you expect? It's gonna be on live TV." I rose an eyebrow at him.

"You need a water or anything man?" One of the crew had asked.

"No, no I'm alright." He said nonchalantly, shrugging it off. "Let's do this."

"Alright, we'll run take one." I hollered, whirling my finger for the scene to get on.

"Season one, episode one, segment one of three, take one, action!" One of the camera guys had hollered, tapping the marker in front of the camera.

Luke snickered, glancing down, before he looked into the camera. "Now this should be an interesting few months. I genuinely think so. Um..."

"Cut! No lengthy um's. This is camera time you're taking up here." I sighed, setting a hand on my hip as I tucked the clipboard underneath my arm. "Roll it again."

"Season one, episode one, segment one of three, take two. Action!" The other camera guy yelled, tapping another marker in front of the camera again.

"Uh, I think this should be an interesting few months. I really do think so." Luke said again, his blue eyes gazing into the camera. I slowly stepped back, so I could watch behind the camera with the other crew. "There's a pool that's like so ginormous. It's like we got a tiny bit of the ocean out back, so it's gonna be interesting. Definitely. Also we got everybody here.. I don't know what else you want me to say." Luke said again, putting up a fuss as the camera had stopped recording.

I sighed. "Luke. We're gonna need you ready."

"Well I got nothing else to say." He shrugged carelessly.

He had got up from the seat, walking away.

"Uh.. Keep the segment, cut out the end where he says he doesn't know what else he wants to say." I sighed, hurrying after him when he had stepped out into the backyard, bumming a cigarette. He whipped out a checkered lighter, and cupped his hand to shield the cigarette from the wind as he ignited the lighter and took a generous drag from it.

"What? You gonna yell at me for smoking a damn cigarette too? What now." He scoffed, looking at me as if he had wished I was gone.

"No. Well.. If you needed a break you could've just asked or said so." I crossed my arms, frowning up at him. "What's with the smoking in the middle of shooting anyway? Is it because I'm around?"

"Well, Mackenzie. Would you like it to be? Since all you do is boss people around. What kind of job is that even anyway?" He chuckled in disbelief, looking away. He puffs a few more times, blowing the wisps of smoke into the atmosphere.