📜 Chapter Nine : Pages Of Mystery

PAGES OF MYSTERY

PAGES OF MYSTERY

IN THE HUSHED AMBIANCE OF THE HALL, students and professors alike took their seats as Professor Montgomery, a figure of authority, stood on the elevated podium.

The atmosphere was charged with anticipation as she prepared to address the assembly.

"Dear students and esteemed faculty," her voice echoed through the hall, "I have an important announcement regarding the upcoming break."

Eyes were fixed on her, curiosity sparking in the air. The mention of a break had everyone's attention since it's been two months already.

"Two days before spring break," she continued, "all students, along with a select few professors, are permitted to take a vacation with their families. However, those who cannot do so are allowed to stay in the dormitories."

Lerona, seated next to Adora, couldn't contain her excitement. "Ad, are you going home for the break?"

Adora hesitated, uncertainty flickering in her eyes. "I might stay back, Rona."

Lerona nodded, understanding Adora's situation. "I've already planned to go home with my family for spring break. They've got something special lined up, and I'm looking forward to it."

Adora nodded, a tinge of longing in her expression. "I wish I could go too, but my aunt is quite busy. She won't be able to pick me up, and I can't manage the journey back on my own."

Lerona's face softened with understanding. "No worries, Ad. We'll make the best of it. Maybe we can plan something fun when I get back. And who knows, staying back might have its charm."

Adora smiled appreciatively, grateful for Lerona's understanding.

Two days later...

Lerona, bubbling with excitement, gave Adora a tight hug. "Ad, I'll miss you! But I promise to bring back stories and maybe a little surprise for you."

Adora chuckled, reciprocating the hug. "I'll be right here, waiting for those stories. And surprise? You better not spoil it!"

Lerona winked playfully. "My lips are sealed. Take care, Ad. See you in a few days!"

As Lerona joined her family at the entrance, Adora couldn't help but feel a mix of happiness for her friend and a touch of wistfulness for the family warmth she wasn't partaking in this time.

After Lerona left, Adora decided to take a stroll around the deserted campus.

The usual lively atmosphere was replaced by an eerie quietness, and she found herself drawn to the corners and hidden spots she hadn't explored before.

Under the blossoming trees, she paused, her mind wandering.

The sound of distant laughter from families enjoying their break resonated, creating a contrast to the solitude she embraced.