📜 Chapter Two : The Friendship

THE FRIENDSHIP

THE FRIENDSHIP

DRESSED IN A LONG BLACK COAT AND PANTS, Adora, her long brown hair almost wavy, carried her belongings to the selected bed area.

A sigh escaped her as she meticulously organized her stuff, each item finding its designated place.

Adora surveyed the room-it seemed ordinary, nothing particularly special in her eyes.

Alongside her essentials, she brought her violin; later, she planned to select her curriculum for violin practice.

Opening the window, Adora peered outside at the university grounds, feeling the chill of the cold wind against her fair, milky-white skin.

It was a sunny day, and below, students mingled in the hallway. A slight pang of loneliness struck her, wishing for a friend to help them begin this new chapter.

Her gaze shifted to the necklace around her neck-a precious gift from her late mother, engraved with a love that had accompanied her since childhood.

A soft smile curved her lips.

As if on cue, a knock echoed, and the door swung open.

A girl of Adora's age stood there, her black skin complementing her stylish curly hair and striking blue eyes.

She wore a comfy jacket and blue jeans, indicating the cold weather outside.

Adora turned to the girl and smiled. The girl returned the smile. "Sorry for scaring you, I was hoping this is the right room."

Adora didn't say a word as she walked toward her, noticing the girl seemed busy with her loaded belongings and looked a bit burdened. "You need some help?" Adora asked.

The girl chuckled. "Yes, please. I've got another load outside the door. You can take the lighter ones; I can handle the heavier stuff."

Adora nodded and walked outside the door, picking up two of her lighter bags and placing them on the girl's bed.

The girl brought in more belongings than the last heavier bag, and Adora closed the door afterward.

A sigh of relief escaped the girl as she took a moment to catch her breath.

She turned to Adora with a friendly grin. "Hi, I'm Lerona. Lerona Perry or you can just call me Rona."

Lerona extended her hand for a handshake, and Adora looked down at Lerona's hand before offering a warm shake.

"Adora Prince. Just call me Ad for short."

Lerona nodded. "What a good day to start, huh, Ad? Thanks for the help."

Adora smiled. "Happy to help, Rona."

Lerona continued unpacking her stuff on the bed. "How long have you been here?" she asked Adora.

Adora, organizing her belongings on the table, replied, "Not that long, maybe 10 minutes ago?"

Lerona chuckled. "Oh, really? I thought I was fashionably late or something."

"Have you eaten, Ad?"

Adora looked up from her organizing. "Yes, I have. How about you?"

Lerona grinned. "I had some extra sandwiches. Here, you should have one," she handed the wrapped sandwich to Adora.

"Thanks," Adora said, placing the sandwich on her table.

As Lerona's eyes wandered around the room, they fell upon a violin resting beside Adora's bed.

"You play the violin?" Lerona asked with curiosity.

Adora followed her gaze. "Yeah, it's for the curriculum."

"I see." Lerona continued her exploration, searching for something. "Damn it, I left my trumpet outside."

In a swift motion, Lerona left the room and returned, trumpet in hand.

Adora, eyes widening as she looked at the gleaming trumpet, couldn't hide her amazement. "You play the trumpet for the curriculum?"

Adora's eyes sparkled with curiosity as Lerona proudly cradled the trumpet.

"Absolutely," Lerona replied, a grin spreading across her face. "I've got a thing for brass. It's my musical weapon of choice."

Adora chuckled. "That's impressive. I didn't expect my roommate to be a musical virtuoso."

Lerona mock-bowed. "Well, surprise! Now, we're a dynamic duo with a violin and a trumpet. We could start a band right here in the dorm."

Adora laughed, appreciating the newfound camaraderie. "Who knows, maybe we'll be the talk of the campus."

As they settled into an easy banter, Lerona's eyes drifted to the necklace around Adora's neck. "That's a beautiful piece. Family heirloom?"

Adora's fingers instinctively touched the delicate pendant. "Yes, my late mother gave it to me. It's engraved with a lot of love."

Lerona's expression softened. "Sorry to hear about your mom. Losing a parent is tough."

Adora nodded, grateful for Lerona's empathy. "Thank you. It's been a while, but the necklace keeps her close."

Lerona smiled warmly. "Well, you've got a friend in me now, Ad. And friends help each other begin with the craziness of university life."

Adora returned the smile, feeling a newfound comfort in Lerona's presence. "I'm glad you knocked on that door."

Lerona chuckled. "Me too. Now, what's the plan for the rest of our first day?"

Adora glanced at her violin. "I've got to choose my curriculum."

"I'll go with you, Ad." Lerona flashed a grin.

As they headed out of the room, the sun dipped lower in the sky, casting a warm glow across the university campus.

The air buzzed with the energy of new beginnings and the promise of unexplored possibilities.

End of chapter Two...