📜 Chapter Seven : Youthful Passion

YOUTHFUL PASSION

YOUTHFUL PASSION

IN THE SOFT GLOW OF THE EVENING, Adora sat cross-legged on her bed, cradling her violin.

The gentle melody she coaxed from its strings filled the room, echoing in the quietude of the dorm.

Dressed in a comfortable black T-shirt and pajama pants, Adora lost herself in the rhythmic dance of her fingers.

As the clock struck 6 PM, a sense of anticipation hung in the air. Lerona, Adora's vivacious roommate, hadn't returned to the dorm yet.

Adora paused her playing, glancing at the door with a mixture of curiosity and concern.

The door swung open, and Lerona, with an air of exhaustion but a warm smile, stepped into the room.

Adora, now standing, greeted her friend with a blend of relief and a hint of inquiry. "Hey, Lerona. Everything okay?"

Lerona offered a weary but sincere smile. "Yeah, just a hectic day. You know how it is."

Adora nodded, understanding the demands of university life. "Well, you're here now. Take a breather."

Lerona chuckled. "You're right. But first, I need a shower. Mind if I go first?"

"Go ahead," Adora replied, gesturing toward the bathroom. "Take your time."

As Lerona disappeared into the bathroom, Adora resumed her seat on the bed, fingers idly tracing the contours of her violin.

The muffled sounds of water echoed, punctuating the tranquility of the room.

When Lerona emerged, fresh from her shower, she offered Adora a genuine compliment, "Your playing is great, Ad. It's like having a private concert when I come in."

Adora beamed with appreciation. "Thanks."

Lerona settled on her bed, glancing at Adora with an understanding smile. "I went to the library by myself today," she mentioned casually, her tone light.

Adora's expression shifted, a flicker of guilt crossing her features. "Oh, I'm sorry, Rona. I totally forgot. We were supposed to go together."

Lerona waved off the apology with a reassuring grin. "No worries, Ad. I know you had a rough morning with that nightmare. I didn't want to disturb your rest."

Adora, curiosity gleaming in her eyes, asked the inevitable question. "Did you find anything interesting in the library?"

Lerona sighed, a hint of disappointment in her voice. "No, not really. It seems like there's no source related to the university's history. But hey, maybe it's not the right time to rush things. We have plenty of time to dig into it."

Adora, grateful for Lerona's understanding, agreed with a nod. "You're right. Let's not rush it."

The conversation shifted, Lerona's curiosity now directed toward Adora's first day in the Music Society.

Adora's eyes lit up as she recounted the experience, the friendship, and the joy of playing music with others. "And there's this guy, Jake. He's friendly and seemed like a senior. We talked, nothing much."

Lerona, ever the enthusiastic friend, leaned forward. "Jake, huh? Senior, friendly... sounds like he's trying to flirt with you."

Adora chuckled, shaking her head. "No, Rona, just friendly conversation. Nothing more."

After the laughter subsided, Adora, now curious about Lerona's first day in Journalism, discovered that the club had unexpectedly ceased.

Lerona sighed. "The Journalism club got disbanded, Ad. Now I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions?"

Adora, always quick to find solutions, suggested with a smile, "Well, you do play a mean trumpet. Why not join the Music Society with me? It's been a blast, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it too."

Lerona considered the idea, a spark of interest in her eyes. "Music Society, huh? I've always loved playing my trumpet. Maybe it's time to give it a shot."

Adora's smile widened. "Great! We can play together. It'll be a blast."

Adora's eyes gleamed with excitement. "How about we play together, Rona?" she proposed, and Lerona, retrieving her trumpet, agreed.

The duet of violin and trumpet wove through the evening, creating a harmony that transcended the confines of the dorm room.

Unbeknownst to Adora and Lerona, the mellifluous notes reached the open window of the elegant office of an old man in the university building.

This man, with a cane for support, sat behind a distinguished desk adorned with aged volumes.

A lamp on a side table illuminated the room, casting a warm glow. His bald head and white beard gave him an air of wisdom, and his eyes sparkled with recognition as the music played.

For a moment, he closed his eyes, lost in the melody that seemed to awaken memories from the depths of time.

The music carried a familiarity as if it resonated with the corridors of history within the university.

As the last notes faded away, the old man opened his eyes, a subtle smile playing on his lips.

There was a hint of approval in his gaze, as though he had just witnessed something special.

Meanwhile, in the dorm room, Adora and Lerona exchanged satisfied glances.

The impromptu music session had not only bridged the gap between violin and trumpet but had also inadvertently connected with someone who seemed to appreciate the artistry.

Adora, sensing a shared joy, suggested, "We should do this more often. Our music might be reaching more ears than we know."

Lerona, her eyes reflecting the same excitement, agreed. "Definitely, Ad. It's like we're creating a soundtrack for this place."

End of chapter Seven...