♡ Chapter 42 ♡

Jungkook opened his eyes slowly to see his lover crying silently. But when y/n saw that Jungkook had opened his eyes, she looked away quickly while whipping her eyes with her free hand.

With a swift movement, Jungkook flipped both of them and made y/n lay on his chest as he was gaining his strength back little by little.

“Stop crying,” Jungkook said, in that stiff way of his that y/n had once mistaken for brusqueness—but now, all y/n can hear is the lovely, endearing but awkward mannerisms that characterize a man who’s never quite learned how to display the care he’d never received himself.

Jungkook once said he didn't know many things about humans, but he was willing to learn about them.

But still, y/n’s pout deepened. Just because she understands why Jungkook came across as brusque, doesn’t mean she has to accept it.

“You are being impolite,” she lectures, voice thick with tears.
“That is not the proper thing to say to someone who is crying.”

She can feel the way Jungkook’s lips twitch against her forehead. “Then what--" Jungkook asked, his voice littered with amusement that made y/n’s heart flutter. “-is the proper thing to say?”

Y/n tilted her head, resting the point of her chin against Jungkook’s collarbone, her eyes peering up at Jungkook, who, as he gazes right back, can swear that when the moon hits his doe eyes, y/n can see them glitter like stars.
“Well, you are supposed to comfort them,” y/n said primly, and Jungkook just barely managed to maintain a solemn expression in response.“And,” y/n added, “You may do so with a kiss.”
Jungkook nodded gravely.

But before he could lean in to acquiesce with y/n’s very strict lessons, the young girl leaned back, a stern expression on her features as she brought her hand—the one not holding Jungkook's—up to point a finger sharply up at him.
“But,” she added, entirely serious. “This does not apply to all crying individuals you come across.”
Y/n said this, as though she truly believes that Jungkook may go around planting kisses on anyone he encounters crying, and as if she was preemptively irked by the idea of it. Jungkook clenched his teeth to suppress a laugh.
He managed to nod somberly.

Y/n gazed at him sternly, and the vision she made—nose and cheeks flushed red from her crying bout, somehow maintaining an utterly strict expression through her red-rimmed eyes—made Jungkook think, idly, that he might have already fallen, down, down, to the deepest, lowermost depths of ruin. Oh how much he missed his silly little girl.

Jungkook couldn’t resist the urge to tease her, just a bit.“Then who does this apply to?” Jungkook asked graciously.Y/n adopted a lofty expression as she lifted her chin. “Just one person,” she said tartly.

“And who is that?"

At that, y/n's expression immediately creased into such an offended, indignant frown that Jungkook couldn’t help the laugh that bubbled up his throat.

Y/n tried to pull away, pouting huffily and looking much too charming nonetheless, and Jungkook's shoulders still shaking with his silent laughs prevented her from going too far with the arm he has around the girl’s waist.
He doesn’t fail to notice that for all of Y/n’s supposed irritation and her act of pulling away, she doesn’t ever let go of the hand she has intertwined with Jungkook's.

“Well, I would suppose it is whomever you want,” y/n huffed, allowing Jungkook to pull her back in but not without a scowl.

“Because apparently, this seems to be an unresolved question for you—you have many options, do you?” y/n’s cheeks puff up, as though imagining the supposed many options her maddening, infuriating, beautiful mind is conjuring up.
Jungkook's laughter shook his entire body with the force of it.
Y/n glared. Jungkook, still trembling, reached up to grasp y/n’s cheek. “Petal,” he said, amusement brimming from his words. “Whom would I ever kiss, but you?” He said it to her the way some might say God.

Y/n settles, despite the small pout still playing on her lips. “How am I to know?” she sniffed.
“You are the one who were so callous as to suggest otherwise---" quickly y/n was cut off by a quick peck on her lips.

And y/n's cheeks blushed hard, making a low laugh bubble out of Jungkook's chest. Y/n gently hit him playfully, asking him to sleep some more and that she would be there with him the whole time. First, Jungkook stubbornly refused to go back to sleep, even though he knew his body needed it. And he would heal better with his mate near. But after y/n promised to give him many kisses, he agreed and closed his eyes.
Y/n raised her hand and started to caress his hair till he fell asleep. The night was still young, so she pushed all the negative thoughts away and enjoyed the warmth of her lover's embrace until she suddenly remembered that she still had something important to tell Jungkook.
______________________________________