Y2V2: Dealing with Expulsions

Start from the beginning

"You're confident, aren't you? Did you expect this? I understand that you were wary of him, but to even prepare so far that you knew he'd go this far is... Entirely different," Chabashira remarked with a shaky voice.

I shook my head, "In all honesty, I didn't know. However, I can't be bawling on the floor, can I? People aren't good for much when they're freaked out."

"So how are you going to survive?"

Even without the caller's input, I would have done the same thing. It was a path that anyone would take.

"I'm going to file a complaint against the school itself. Well, more specifically, I'm going to file a complaint against Tsukishiro."

Chabashira stopped in her tracks, eyeing me skeptically. 

"You understand what that will do, don't you?"

If I had the chance to choose, I wouldn't go this route. But what other choice do I have?

"I can't pick and choose the battles I want to fight. I don't want to get expelled, but Tsukishiro used his influence to expel me. There's only one direction I can go, can't I?"

Chabashira sighed deeply, "That's true, I suppose. I was originally baffled you decided to get a perfect score on the exam, but now it makes sense. It seems there were some henchmen, and if you got partnered with them, you would need at least one mark over 500 to be safe. You asked to see if the purchase to buy exam points exists to confirm that you'd be able to make it through the exam."

One year ago, I had asked Chabashira to pay for one exam point. However, that test was that test. It was unknown as to whether this exam would have the same option.

But it didn't matter in the end, I suppose.

Tsukishiro threw me into the deep end and I could drown.

"Let's go to the student council. Unless there's a separate place to file for complaints against the school?" I asked her.

She shook her head, "No, the student council works just fine. As you know, the president oversees cases, and after the cases are done, they get sent to the school for a final review. To stop cheating and bias, of course. A long time ago, it wasn't uncommon to have a student make a complaint against the school for things such as unfair marking and other disadvantageous things the teacher would do."

"So I could've done this a year ago to you?"

Chabashira arched a brow, "Don't get any ideas."

It's too much effort anyway.

"How would they argue for it? Do they even have evidence for it?"

Chabashira's words halted for a moment, it was barely noticeable, but it existed, "That's why the chances of winning such cases are incredibly slim. It's akin to a legal cause with fraud as the charge. Your task is to get evidence that Tsukishiro acted unfairly, and Tsukishiro himself has his own share of evidence."

If I am to win, I need to observe 3 things.

"Is it possible for me to find out about Tsukishiro's evidence?"

Chabashira nodded, "Yes. I'll make sure to get it for you."

Wonderful.

"So what happened in those cases from the last few years?"

Chabashira nodded, "In those cases, there's one large change from the normal way things are done. The president isn't involved at all. Due to the scale of this case, the school's own review is what will determine the outcome. And that's why in such cases the school dispatches 3 employees to spectate the trial. Judge and jury combined, essentially."