Chapter Seventy-One: The Ghost Within

Начните с самого начала

"And why are you even here you insignificant bitch?!"

A civilian sneered and Sheila looked at the male with an uninterested look as she directed her focus to the Hokage who had straightened up, he had seen enough to know when one of the soldiers was in full gear that meant they were going out on a mission. 

"Please ignore him, Commander, is there something you need?"

Sheila only sighed as she stared at the man who was supposed to be Naruto's biological father, she wanted to shoot this man right now, just to kill him for all the hurt he had put her baby boy through but she composed herself and looked around the room. 

"We have a problem, a squad of my Marines went out on border patrol last night and they ignored all communication, they missed their check-in window and they didn't come back from their patrol." 

She told them and there was silence hanging around the room as they knew that the squad missing was something that could ruin an already damaged relationship they had with these people. 

"Do you think we have something to do with this Sheila?" 

Tsunade asked and the Commander only smiled and shook her head. 

"No, of course not, their transponders stopped signaling just at the edge of what you call the fire border and lightening country, given what happened a week ago, we think that they did something to the marines, and with the threat of an attack on the base, we are on high alert." 

She told them and they all nodded. 

"So what are you going to do about this Commander?"

Sarutobi asked the female commander who only sighed as she pulled up a holo-screen. 

"We had tasked Demon Dog to investigate, they were just over the infiltration point when an RPG took down their bird, we have ISR footage and the bird broke apart on impact, there is no response from hailing and we see no movement from the crash site." 

She told them with a tired voice, her eyes lingering on the image of her son's face as he was the one to even respond to hailing on the radio. 

"His he okay?"

Mikoto asked, her voice filled with worry as she looked at the commander who only flashed a small smile. 

"He was thrown from the copter when they were going to repel down, he has already healed from the injuries." 

A sigh of relief came from Mikoto, Kushina, and Tsunade as they heard that Naruto was okay. 

"Where is he now?"

Kushina asked and the holo-screen switched to another screen, this one showing live footage of Naruto on the ground. 

DAY 56, 

COMMANDER UZUMAKI, 

CALLSIGN: DEMON 1, 

MISSION: WARHORSE ONE 

...........................................................................................

The smoke got closer as I was moving on foot to the team, they better be okay. 

"Demon 1 to anyone on the demon dog team, respond." 

I commanded over the radio, hiding behind a tree as I looked around for anyone who was trying to sneak up on me. 

STATIC

That was the only thing I heard as I listened to the dead end of the radio. I could feel the tears coming to my eyes but I pushed them away as I got up and pushed my way to the crash site.