Prologue: Prelude to the Inevitable

In the beginning of the end, darkness dissipates; as an omnipotent deity constructs the ocean of stars, forming myriads of galaxies and created life out of the void as if it was a blank canvas giving birth to the universe.

And as it painted the wafture of the viridescent grass on a vast landscape, the firmaments beyond were added, reflecting the depth of surrounding azure waters. 

Then the origin of mortal-kind came to existence given the task to cultivate and develop the world. They brought forth structures made from the minerals of the earth and developed systems that established peace and order which they thought would last forever.

But as a thousand years has passed, the omnipotent deity returned from the realm it resides as it thought that his masterpiece is already done. 

However, as mortal-kind cultivated the world and further developed civilizations; an enigma was born. 

An existence whose origin remain a mystery, the darkness that slithered its way out of the void and creeped into the hearts of mortal biding time to gain strength since the time of creation.

Those who succumbed to the darkness of their hearts began to turn into monsters, and in an incredible pace; this darkness began to shroud the world. 

The creatures began to terrorize villages and the mighty kingdoms that once stood tall were demolished in an instant which led to the current civilization to fall. Mortal-kind was near the brink of extinction. 

Darkness was everywhere, devouring every hope that shines in each corner of the world. 

While remnants of mortal-kind sought shelter within the sanctity of the great northern forest. The circulating thought that their inevitable death will soon arrive rendered them hopeless. 

Despair began to manifest; everyone's visage was painted with fear, they felt that any second, the sands of their time will cease it flow.

Then came the first light of the morning, the warmth of the sun and the tranquility that the forest exudes somehow alleviated everyone's worries as they thought they get to live another day.

But as the light that elucidated the anxiety turned into darkness, the earth began to tremble. 

A shroud of darkness enveloped the light as a swarm of monsters can be seen marching from the horizon. Most of the mortal-kind fell to their knees and everyone appears to be prepared to give up, while only a few attempted to raise their shield and weapons to defend their life. 

Trembling as they accept their fate, a mysterious man covered in silver tattered robe began to saunter towards darkness. 

Everyone thought that the man went insane, but they felt strange as the sight of the peculiar man ambling towards his death made their fear vanish. 

A hundred meters away from his misery, the strange man halted his step which made everyone ponder if the man walking towards his death already accepted his fate. 

However, as the shroud of darkness were a few meters away from the man of mystery, the earth began to quiver. 

Ginormous roots began to sprout from the ground and created a towering wall that instantly blocked the march of darkness. Mortals were surprised at the sight of what just occurred but as soon as they directed their attention back to the peculiar man.