Chapter 68: The Battle of Hogwarts

~.~.~Parts 189-191~.~.~
•3rd Person POV•

They watched as the barrier crumbled and disintegrate in front of them. Fred and Y/n clutched onto each others hands in fear.

"Darling?" Fred said quietly, his eyes didn't leave the falling barrier and he knew it was seconds until the battle would start.

"Yes, Freddie?" She answered, leaning into his body.

"If there's a day when we're not together, I don't know what will happen tonight, but there's something I want to tell you."

"And what may that be, Freddie?" Asked Y/n.

"You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Fred whispered, "If I don't make it out of this battle, just know that I love you and you need to make sure you look after yourself."

"I'll try," Y/n replied with a small smile, "But you're going to survive."

Suddenly, streams of black smoke stormed the castle, jets of fire blasted towards the castle and death eaters landed on the south tower. Fred, George and Y/n were caught duelling in a 1:1. They were significantly stronger than the three of them, but Kingsley, Remus, and Tonks saw what was happening and froze them from behind. They all toppled to the floor and the three of them faced the two adults who had their wands pointed towards them.

"You guys needed to get down quickly. There's a fire below and we feel the tower will collapse any second." Kingsley's deep voice said, "Good luck."

The three of them nodded and left. Y/n took a moment to hug her parents, she didn't know if it would be the last time they hugged, but if it was, she was going to embrace it.

Once they pulled away, and Y/n ran down the stairs with the twins. The fire was quickly engulfing the south tower, rubble and debris of old brick started to fall and crumbled in front of them.

"Aguamenti!" Y/n called and a stream of water flew from her wand and hit the flames directly, the water hit the wall and drops dripped back on their faces.

The fire didn't go out, instead it grew. It started to spread out and start to reach towards them.

"It's fiendfyre!" Y/n shouted, "Run!"

The three of them ran down the stairs and the fire spread towards them. People ran down the stairs as falling debris fell through the middle of the spiral. The fire spread across and tower and seconds later the tower fell. The dust and sharp pieces of brick flew around the doorway.

"Merlin!" Fred whispered under his breath.

"This is a battle, Fred. Now come on!" George said loudly.

The corridor was unrecognisable, the painting frames had been burnt and the tall domed ceiling collapsed in, rubble and rock scattered the floor and spells were flying across the corridor. A jet of red light shot past Y/n and Fred. They looked at each other with wide eyes and turned to run outside.

The courtyard was full to the brim with giants, acromantulas, and creatures were nestled in with the death eaters and order members. The three of them were split in the crowd, Y/n found herself in the middle of the courtyard battling two death eaters.

"EXPELLIARMUS!" Y/n yelled, a jet of red light shot towards one of the death eaters. His wand flew from his hand and landed in her own, "Petrificus Totalus!" And he toppled to the floor.

"Sectumsempra!" The other death eater called, she felt a sharp pain run down her arm and she felt the cold trickle of blood run down her arm and dripped onto the floor and her trousers.