Chapter 61: The Rescue

~.~.~Part 154~.~.~
•3rd Person POV•

The next week dragged along. Y/n grew weaker and weaker, but Greyback was relentless. If she wasn't being tortured, she curled into a ball hiding in the corner of the cell. Remus came to check on her as often as he could without looking suspicious.

The day finally came, it's the day of her rescue. It was a slow morning in the crypt, everyone was sleeping most of the day, ready for their missions that evening. Remus walked over in the afternoon to come and see her whilst everyone rested.

"Y/n, today's the day!" Remus whispered excitedly. Y/n looked up from her knees and beamed at the man.

"Finally!" She smiled weakly, excitement in her voice.

"I won't be here when the twins come. But I'll make sure the doors are unlocked before we leave." Remus said

"Thank you, dad." She smiled. They could both hear the footsteps of Greyback walking towards her cell. Remus winked at her and she smiled back before the figure of Greyback loomed over them.

"Honestly, Y/n. It's been over a week! Just join us already." Remus scowled at her as soon as Greyback was near.

"Still nothing?" He tutted, looking at her weak body, "Come, Remus. We must make sure everything is prepared."

"I'm coming." Remus replied and walked away, leaving Y/n alone again. Only a few more hours.

The twins woke up that morning, Fred was feeling as ready as ever, he was ready to get her out of there, especially after seeing what she was living like.

"Today's the day, Fred." George smiled as he was handed a mug of coffee.

"Finally!" Fred sighed, taking a sip of his coffee, "Do we have everything in order?"

"Yeah, we have the first aid, some warm clothes and blankets and food. I only just managed to do the extension charm."

"Come on, the quicker we can get there the quicker we can spy." Fred said, pulling on his jacket.

Fred and George left the shop, making sure it was securely locked, Fred apparated them to the field, the sun shone brightly over the church in the distance.

"Why did we apparate so far away?" George groaned.

"Because it's a week before the full moon." Fred rolled his eyes, "Their senses are heightened, that's why they're going on their missions tonight."

"Ohhhh, so what do we have to do?" He asked.

"We are going to turn into foxes and we have to act like them. And foxes have great hearing, so we can hear what enchantments they're going to put on the crypt."

"That's very smart. What are we waiting for?" George asked.

"For you to finish asking so many useless questions." Fred replied sassily, glaring at his brother.

"Okay fine." George mumbled, "Come on then, let's save your girlfriend." He yelled.

"Shut up you idiot! Their hearing!" Fred whispered, rolling his eyes.

"Oh shit yeah. Sorry." George apologised, giving a small, sympathetic smile.

Both of them turned into their fox form. Fred held their small bag in his mouth as they both trotted along the open grassland. Once they reached the church, they hid the bag in an old, rotting log and covered it with leaves. They wandered around the edge of the church and by the doorway of the crypt. They could hear the mumbles and talks of the people inside.