Chapter 11: A Shocking Discovery

Fred's POV:

I carefully closed the door to Y/n's dorm. It's slightly odd how she has her own dorm when that isn't an option until seventh year. But I had no time to think about a dormitory right now, I'm going to figure this out. Once and for all.

After carefully sneaking down the stairs from the girls dormitories, I quickly walked into the common room acting as though I was coming from the boys dorms. It helped because the common room is only littered with a few people. I walked towards the portrait hole to exit the room. But of course I had to bump into someone.

"Hey Fred!" George said.

"Hi George." I replied, hoping that it is the end of the conversation.

"Why weren't you at breakfast? And is y/n okay?" He asked slightly worried.

"Y/n is fine now, she's resting in bed with a book and drawing stuff."

"Oh well that's great. So I'm guessing that's why you missed breakfast?" He said with a smirk.

"Yeah, I wanted to make sure she was okay!"

"Did you grow a pair to ask her out?" He asked.

"No! You know, she's sick. Probably not the best change. Oh y/n, I know your ill but do you want to go out with me?" I said sarcastically, hitting my brother at the back of his head. "Of course I didn't!"

"Okay Fred. I get it chill."

"Sorry sorry." I said.

"I have a new prank idea!" He said smiling.

"Sorry George. But I haven't got time for this right now. I'm in a bit rush." I snapped, looking towards the exit

"Why in such a rush Freddie?" George asked with a slight smirk.

"Clearly dear brother I'm going somewhere." I said shortly, having enough of my brother being a nuisance.

"Well then, where are you going?" He asked, still with a cheeky smile.

"The library." I replied

"Why? You never go to the library."

"I know I don't. I- ugh- need to check something." I said then running out of the portrait hole before I could get interrogated by my twin.

I released a heavy sigh once I exited the common room. But then I set off down the corridors to which I thought was the right direction. I walked down endless empty corridors for what felt like forever, then finally seeing something that could be a library. But of course it wasn't, I somehow ended up a the great hall. How did I do that?! I thought as I shook my head and walked down another deserted corridor leading to nowhere. I felt like I was walking forever and I was never going to find the library. I randomly slumped in a bench. I'm lost. How will I find my way back. What if I never get back to the common room! I thought. I sighed as I raised my head to find the entrance of the library, right in front of me.

"Oh" I muttered as I stood up and walked in.

I was immediately hit with the small of parchment and old books. Selves stood high by the elevated ceiling and the books were cramming on any space available. Desks lay between each row of shelves with rolls of parchment, quills and too many pots of ink to count. Students were walking around in dead silence. Then I saw the sign to be silent and Madame Pince giving me a stern stare. I lowered my head and walked between the isles.

"What's the name of the book Lupin was talking about. Think Fred think. It's fifth year." I whispered to myself as I tried to recall the book that Professor Lupin has told us about, apparently it had all the information about defence against the dark arts.