Chapter 7: Returning to Hogwarts

Y/n's POV:
I woke up early that morning, although it was nearly 7:00am, some how we were still running late. I hurriedly changed into jeans and a jumper because it was a cold September morning. I slipped on some trainers and shoved my school robes in the top of my trunk. I ran downstairs and sat at the table and ate breakfast quickly.

"Good morning y/n. Do you know where the twins are?" Molly asked as I piled scrambled eggs into my mouth. I shook my head and pushed the last of the eggs into my mouth.

"FRED, GEORGE! ARE YOU READY! WE'RE LEAVING SOON!" Molly yelled.

"I'll go check on them Molly." I said as I leapt from my seat and ran upstairs. We had ten minutes until we need to leave. I opened the twins door and they were both still in bed. George was barely awake because of Molly's screaming and Fred was sitting up and stretching his arms in the air.

"Get up you two. We're leaving in 10 minutes" I said. The two jumped out of bed and scrambled to get their clothes. I closed their door and went up to Ginny's room to get mine and her trunk and carried them downstairs. I placed them by the door with everyone else's trunks. I slightly adjusted the bandage around my head because it slid over my left eye.

"Come on the taxis are here" Molly screeched. Two taxis pulled into the driveway. Me and Ron piled the seven trunks into the boots of the cars. Molly ushered me, Ginny, Charlie and Hermione into one car with her and left Bill, Fred, George, Harry and Ron in the other car. The two taxis pulled away and we began our journey to London. The car ride was quite enjoyable. It was odd not having Fred and George by my side but it was really nice to talk to everyone in our car. We arrived in London at Kings Cross station and loaded our trunks onto trolleys.

I was used to getting onto platform nine and three-quarters by now. It was a simple matter of walking straight through the apparently solid barrier dividing platforms nine and ten. The only tricky part was doing this in an unobtrusive way, so as to avoid attracting Muggle attention. We did it in groups today; Harry, Ron, and Hermione (the most conspicuous, since they were accompanied by Pigwidgeon and Crookshanks) went first; they leaned casually against the barrier, chatting unconcernedly, and slid sideways through it. Me, Fred and George went next. We also chatted casually. Fred placed his arm around my shoulders causing me to blush. And we leaned through the barrier and as we did so, platform nine and three-quarters materialized in front of us.

The Hogwarts Express, a gleaming scarlet steam engine, was already there, clouds of steam billowing from it, through which the many Hogwarts students and parents on the platform appeared like dark ghosts. Me, Fred, and George set off to find seats, and were soon stowing their luggage in a compartment halfway along the train. We then hopped back down onto the platform to say good-bye to Molly, Bill, and Charlie.

"I might be seeing you all sooner than you think," said Charlie, grinning, as he hugged Ginny good-bye.

"Why?" said Fred keenly.

"You'll see," said Charlie. "Just don't tell Percy I mentioned it...it's 'classified information, until such time as the Ministry sees fit to release it,' after all." He said this with a uncanny impression of Percy, causing us all to burst out with laughter.

"Yeah, I sort of wish I were back at Hogwarts this year," said Bill, hands in his pockets, looking almost wistfully at the train.

"Why?" said George impatiently.

"You're going to have an interesting year," said Bill, his eyes twinkling. "I might even get time off to come and watch a bit of it."

"A bit of what?" said Ron.

But at that moment, the whistle blew, and Molly chivvied us toward the train doors.

"Thanks for having us to stay, Mrs.Weasley," said Hermione as they climbed on board, closed the door, and leaned out of the window to talk to her.