"Why not?" Sami questioned, beginning to get a skeptical look on her face

Because if Calum is there, then Luke will be there, and I can't handle being around Luke right now. I just wanna go home and go to bed.

"I have a headache." she lied

"Well, we could always go another afternoon." Ashton suggested, sympathetic

"No." she protested instantly. She gulped when confusion ensued on Ashton's face. Her eyes darted towards Calum and she quickly blurted out,

"Calum's hungry."

"I am hungry." Calum admitted

"You're always hungry." Ashton commented

"So?!" Calum snapped, crossing his arms,"I am a growing boy."

"Wait." Sami made a hand gesture,"How are you going to get home?"

"How's who going to get home?"

Indie sighed internally as everyone noticed Luke standing next to Calum. Where was the bucket because she so wanted to kick it.

It was obvious he had just arrived, for he was looking at all of them confused and slightly concerned which Indie couldn't help but find charming.

"Indie doesn't want to come to Dairy Queen with us." Calum filled him in

Indie kept her eyes on her shoes, even though she could feel Sami, Ashton, and now Luke all looking at her. That feeling of wanting to disappear began clawing its way up around her.

"Why not?" Luke asked her

"I-I have a headache." she replied, looking up, making sure to avoid his gaze, for fear that Luke would be able to see through her lies. Because of course he would be able to.

She could see Luke studying her from her peripheral. She hated when he did that. It made her feel like he was examining for flaws. And she had so many.

It was silent for a couple of minutes (which just made Indie more skittish) when the next words she heard were:

"I'll take you home."

Indie's head snapped up there and then as felt her palms become sweaty and air harbor itself in her throat at just the idea. Before she could even open her mouth to say no, Calum looked at Luke with a perplexed expression.

"With whose car?" Calum asked him, quirking up an eyebrow

Luke sighed, rolling his eyes before answering the kiwi.

"Yours, obviously." Luke answered, giving him a pointed look, none of the rest of the group could decode,"You can ride with Ashton and Sami to Dairy Queen and I'll drop Indie off, then meet you guys up there."

Indie desperately wanted Calum to veto this plan. If the raven haired boy really cared about her, he would refuse to let Luke use his car.

Seeing that Calum was just standing there having some mental telepathy conversation with Luke, Indie decided to take a swig of confidence and give her opinion this idea.

"I-"

"I think it's a good idea." Ashton said, gaining everyone's focus

Indie winced, wishing she had spoke up sooner. Just her luck.

"Yeah, because you can't just walk home." Sami stated, looking at her

Indie internally whined at all of this. She really wished she would have told her aunt to pick her up.