Chapter 14

“All your requirements are ready, malapit na kayo umalis, anak,” Clarence’s mother was busy fixing papers in her office and rushed immediately to the hospital.

Clarence remained silent in his bed, fidgeting with his fingers.

“Please don’t be hard headed and listen to the doctor, drink your medicine, please?” his mother pleaded.

Aleana was there in the corner of the room, fast asleep, she was wide awake the whole night watching over Clarence sleeping.

Clarence’s father was away, abroad, working in Germany and the news of his son’s disease has not yet come to him.

“Please don’t tell Papa about my condition, Ma,” he said, removing some dirt form his fingers.

“Sa tingin mo, why would I hide that from your dad? He has every right to know, like I do, I don’t understand why you kept this all from us, Adrian, I really don’t,” she says, she opens a file case and puts all the papers in it.

He didn’t want to argue anymore, he didn’t even want to fight to live, he didn’t have any inspiration at all, he was going to be forced to marry a girl he doesn’t love, so he asked himself, “why live? What should I live for? I’d rather die, since I won’t even end up with Beth,”

Aleana came closer to him and took his hand, “Please, please live, fight to live, for our baby?” hinaplos niya ang stomach niya na hindi pa naman nagubulge.

Clarence then remembered, they were still pretending about the marriage and the pregnancy thing, they still had a deal.

“I’ll try, I promise,” he smiled, and gently rubbed Aleana’s stomach.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Doctor, how is he doing?” Beth asked, filled with worry.

“I’m sorry, but there’s no other way to save him, all we can do is pray and hope for a miracle to happen,” the doctor says.

“I’m sure there’s something we can do about it? I’m going to the States with him soon, in a few days,” she was starting to weep.

“I’m so sorry, I don’t want you to keep your hopes up, but I don’t think they can do any better to his condition there, but you can always try, there could be treatments to keep him alive for a little longer,” the doctor said.

The nurse went out of the room and the doctor followed.

She wasn’t going to give up, she wasn’t ready to lose him yet, not just yet, she looked up, and whispered,

“Please, a little more time?”

She took a seat on a wooden chair beside Abra’s bed, she looked at the machine that kept him alive, she thought to herself, “how long is he going to be in state of comatose?” and she frowned.

The Ferris wheel incident was still stuck in her mind, she couldn’t get over it. She was so terrified with what happened, it was a living nightmare.

(Flashback to the Ferris wheel incident)

Beth’s POV

All the lights were gone.

 I couldn’t breathe.

 He was screaming of pain…

 There was nothing I could do.

 I was screaming and panicking too, the people below were looking up, some were taking a video of this.

 I started to scream for help, but how could we get any help when we were all the way up there?

The staffs of the park were below; they were on their walkytalkies, trying to find a way to get us down.

I could see them trying to communicate with us, trying to tell us to calm down.

How could I calm down? My boyfriend was in pain and he needed to see the doctor immediately.

I hugged him, hushing him, telling him everything would be okay, that was the least that I could do for him.

“I love you, please don’t leave me yet,” I cried, he was still trying to pull the hair from his scalp, he was in so much pain, and all I wanted to do was help him feel better, I wished that I could share the pain he felt at that moment.

I looked down, and we saw some eletricians in uniforms fixing something, probably a fuse, I felt a little better.

I tried to breathe…

Inhale …

Exhale …

After an endless wait, I finally felt us, slowly, moving… down…

 (End of Flashback)

Beth watched Abra lying unconscious on the hospital bed.

She was motionless on the chair. She thought of every moment in her life.

She looked at the clock, it was 5 in the morning, but for her time seemed to have paused, it had to.

She didn’t want to lose him.

The thought of ever losing him, hurt her, what more if it had happened?

“Hindi ko kakayanin kung mawawala siya saakin, Lord, save him,” she thought to herself.

She sighed.

1 WEEK LATER…

“beth…” Abra whispered, as he slowly wake up…

Beth wakes up from her nap, as she slowly feels his fingers on her hands,

She smiles,

“Babe, you’re finally awake, we missed the trip to the States kasi you were asleep for a week,”

“Okay lang, alam ko naman na malapit na ako kunin,” he frowned,

“Wag ka nga magsalita ng ganyan…” she whispered and hugged him tight…

“Hold on, okay? Aalis tayo dito , gagaling ka,” Beth wipes away her tears.

(sorry po kung medyo short yung update na to')

matagal po ako magupdate kasi nagkawriter's block po ako.

mahirap magisip ng plot kasi. ((;

sana maintindihan ninyo.