Chapter 3

“Best, bukas na ang flight natin, aren’t you excited?!” Lyn exclaimed, excited na rin siya, masaya si Beth dahil nagkaayos na sila ni Dara.

“Beth, babe ko, we should do some shopping there, I want to get you something really gorgeous,” Dara smiled at Beth, “Sure, anything, if my boyfriend will let me go, because he will probably be kapit tuko saakin there,” she laughed.

Beth was so busy with practice, she practically forgot about what happened to her a few nights ago. She was off twitter, so she logged in on her iPhone, checking tweets from her friends, until one particular tweet caught her attention.

She read each word carefully, making sure she wasn’t making a mistake, she felt like the earth and the sky had fallen down on her shoulders, her heart was ripped out of her chest because of guilt.

She started to cry.

“Oh bakit?” Dara approached her, hugging her and comforting her.

“Basahin mo ito,” she gave her phone to her bestfriend.

“Rapper of Fliptop, Raymond Abracosa, leaving fliptop, and flying to the US to treat his sickness,” Dara read each word, even she didn’t know how to react.

“He was sick and he didn’t tell me,”

Dara looked at her, she sounded furious. “What?! So if he did, you’ll pick him, and go with him?”

“Not a good time to argue, I’m going to find him, he’s probably sick dahil saakin,” Dara grabbed her arm,"

“No, don’t, we have practice, just visit him after the practice, I’ll come with you,” Beth’s eyes widened to what her bestfriend had said.

“Ano?” she asked her, “Basta… concerned parin ako sakanya,” she gave her a weak smile.

Throughout the practice, Beth was lifeless, and made so much mistakes, she was absent minded, thinking deeply of what’s going to happen and what she had to do.

“Baby, lalabas kami ni Dara,” she hoped he’d let her, “We’re visiting Raymond before he leaves,” she honestly said, and expected he wouldn’t let her, Clarence didn’t seem to bother, “Yeah, sure, I heard about it, hindi ko nalang sinabi sayo because I thought maybe it’d be better you found out yourself” he smiled, she hugged him, “thanks for letting, I knew you’d understand,”

Dara volunteered to drive, so they both got into her red Mercedes Benz, it smelt so good, that Beth wanted to have the same car freshener for her car.

They were silent on the way to Abra’s house. When they reached the gate of the house, they were surprised to see a sign that was hanged up on the gate, “FOR SALE”,

“No…” Beth gasped.

Dara drove away from the house.

“we have to find him…”

Dara looked at her, “No, he’s trying to move on, and you, move on to, babe, you picked Clarence over him already, you don’t have to take anything back, it’s a good choice,” Dara said.

Beth looked away from her bestfriend, crying.

They both returned to the studio for the afternoon session of their practice.

Clarence approached the both of them. “Baby, what’s wrong? Did you cry?” she hugged him tight, “nothing is wrong, let’s go back inside,” they entered the studio and went back to their usual practice.

The afternoon went by so fast and the practice ended around 5 in the afternoon, Biboy fooled around, eating chiceria and making a mess that Jessica had to clean afterwards.