Chapter 7

She decided to return to Ilocos Norte, told her mother not to tell the rest where she was.

She was ready to risk it.

She had told Clarence to give their relationship a break, they argued but finally got her freedom, she asked for a “cool-off”.

She rode on a public bus; everytime she rode in one, the people in the bus would stare at her and start murmuring and whispering.

She pitstopped for a day in Pangasinan in a friend’s house, Jenna.

Afterwards, continued her trip to Ilocos Norte, to the said hospital, Raymond was.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Tita, please, gusto namin siya makita, where is she?” Clarence said, finding Beth.

“Nasa taas siya, may sakit, ayaw niya magpaistorbo, kayo na daw muna mag gala ngayon,” her mother shut the door.

“Beth, lumabas ka diyan! Please, magusap tayo!” Clarence was still tipsy, he was on alcohol, he couldn’t get over it.

Ullyses and Biboy had to struggle to get him out of the gate.

He was even throwing pebbles on the window of Beth’s room, which he does not know is empty.

“Ang strange, kahapon ko pa tinatawagan si Beth, hindi niya sinasagot ang telepono niya,” Dara said, still trying to call her phone, it was out of network coverage.

Beth had actually changed her phone number as well.

Beth rushed, she wanted to reach the hospital immediately, she didn’t think of anyone back home anymore. Her mother had told her she had to do the right thing before it was too late to change everything.

She was so exhausted, and was almost giving up as she was lost, she asked everyone in sight for the way to where she wanted to go.

Fortunately, after a 10 hour bus ride, she was in the town proper, she had to find the hospital next, it was going to be easy, she just had to go on a tricycle ride to the hospital.

She referred to the text message that Sheyee had sent her, to where Abra’s private room was.

She asks in the front desk to make sure and then makes a run for it, she was in a hurry, though she was tired, she was worried.

“What if he had already left?” she thought to herself.

She sees the room, and was relieved, his name was printed on a card on the door, “RAYMOND ABRACOSA”.

She knocks, and Sheyee opens the door. “Nasa state of coma parin siya,” he said, with a serious face, he has obviously not haven’t gotten any sleep.

“Matulog ka na, ako na ang babantay sakanya,” she said, with a smile.

He immediately takes a nap on the sofa nearby, and there, she saw him, laying unconscious on the bed, “Sana gumising ka na, Go Abra, labanan mo, kailangan pa kasi kita para pasayahin ako, please?” she said, whispering it to him, she held his hand, her tears trickling down her cheeks.

She takes a seat near the bed, and watched over him, wanting to make sure she was awake if he would make any movements, but her eyes were starting to feel heavy.

She wanted to sleep, the trip to Ilocos was exhausting, she tried to stay awake, drank some coffee which Dello offered her, but it was useless, she was sleepy.

Time vs. Effortजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें