Chapter 12

Chapter 12

“Babe, okay ka lang ba diyan?” Beth was worried about Abra. “Okay lang ako, I promise, basta, kung may nararamdaman ako sasabihin ko kaagad sayo,” he smiled. They were still on the plane; they would soon reach their pit stop, Hong Kong.

“Just hold on, malapit na tayo sa pit stop natin,” Beth held his hand tight, “Ano ka ba? Okay lang talaga ako, malakas pa ako, kung gusto mo, magpasyal pasyal pa tayo pagdating natin duon eh,” he smiles at her, lying his head on her shoulder.

“Hindi na, pagod ako, pahinga nalang muna tayo, meron pa naman 3 days bago tayo mag biyahe papuntang States na mismo,” she looks out of the window and she sees the clouds turning into a yellowish color, “Gusto ko pa naman pumunta ng Disneyland kaagad,” he laughs, “Sounds like fun, pero pagod nga ako, it can wait until the next day, babe,” she strokes his hair. She felt jetlag, she needed to rest as soon as she reached Hong Kong or she would get sick for weeks.

They were both enjoying their sleep, when the captain of the plane announced the landing was soon to happen. “Babe, it’s going to be alright soon, malapit na tayo, makakapagpahinga ka na rin,” Abra held her hand, she searched for his neck, and kissed it.

“Good morning, and this is your captain speaking, I would like to announce that our plane will be safely landing to Hong Kong in a few minutes, please fasten your seat belts and prepare for landing,” then a beep sound was heard. The people don’t seem to bother at all and continued to sleep. The flight stewards were around to check if the other passengers had fastened their seatbelts.

“Konting tiis nalang, malapit na tayo, babe,” he whispers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aleana was enjoying the special treatment she was getting from Clarence’s mother, she bought her so much stuff, branded ones, from Gucci to Prada.

Clarence couldn’t talk about anything to them, he didn’t even like what was going on. He didn’t expect the pretending to end up being real.

He was so matamlay and his mother noticed this, so when she got the chance to be with her son, just the two of them, she asked him, “anak, okay ka lang ba? Aren’t you happy about the wedding?”

Clarence tries to avoid his mother’s eyes but couldn’t.

“Mom, umm… of course, I’m happy, that’s what you’ve been waiting for your whole life, I get married to the woman you like and then we have kids that I bring to Singapore yearly?”

His mom was glad about this and tells him, “Yes, of course, but then I don’t think I want you and Aleana to go back to Philippines anymore, honestly, I want you both to build your family here, there are better job opportunities here, Adrian, the dance group you have back there isn’t going to be there forever,”

“Mom, we have to return there, I know it’s hard for you to let me go again after what had happened with me and Beth, but I’m big enough na, I can take care of myself, Aleana will take care of me, please stop treating me like a child,” he snaps.

His mother sighs, “Okay, but still, I will find a job for both of you dito, it might help change your mind, I wouldn’t want to be far away from my grandchild,” she winks.

“Mom naman, you don’t have to…” he tells her, at kumunot noo.

“Hayy nako, I’ll still do it, Aleana will love my idea,” she says gleefully and finds Aleana.

“Okay, suit yourself, mom, but I won’t,” he was being too bitter to his mom, but his mom ignores him. He sighs and walks away.

He finds his brother in his study working on something.