9

I was working in my office when suddenly someone barged inside my room

As far as I remember no one is allowed to do that. I was about to shout at the person but I sighed

"What are you doing here Kabir?" I asked while removing my specs. I rubbed my temples

But I still didn't get any reply. I again focused my attention on him and saw him narrowing his eyes at me

What's with his drama.

"Kabir" I spoke and he gluped

"I just came to check upon you. In the morning you left early so I was worried" he came and sat on the chair opposite to mine.

"Nothing happened to me Kabir. It was just work" I spoke that to him

"And when are you returning to India?" I asked. I wanted to start this topic but I don't have it in my heart to send him away from me.

"I am not going back" he spoke and sat on the opposite chair

"Stop being stubborn Kabir, you have completed your studies. Move back and start going your family business " I spoke in a rude manner. I know it will hurt him but it is necessary.  His home is in India

"Why do you want to distance yourself from me. That family has plenty of members to take care of each other. But you don't. I want to be that person!! Why can't you understand that!!" He banged the table and fumed towards the exit of my cabin

"Kabir, please I don't want to distance you from them. I know you came to continue your studies here because of me" I started walking towards him

"Do you think I don't know how much you blame yourself for not being able to protect me?"

"Do you think I don't know how much you care for me?

"I can't forget it was you who made me laugh after almost 3 years from that incident"

"I love you but __" my voice cracked at the end

"But__seriously. You say that you love me then why are you throwing me out from your life?"

"Even I know that you had already planned my return to India. Then too I didn't spoke to you about it. I visited you in the hope that one day you will realise that you need someone. It is not always necessary to be independent and strong. You can lean on someone."

"AND I WANTED TO BE THAT SOMEONE FOR YOU DI"

"Which part of it you don't understand?"

"I know you won't allow any man to come near you and your heart after that incident. You have made a strong wall around it which no one can break. And now even you are pushing me away. Don't you trust me di that I can stand with you against them this time"

"Did you still not forgive me for the time I was not with you. "

"We are a family di. Family is meant to stand with each other not to just back away when one of us face problems"

"You have me and Adi. We are your family di. Please trust us. I love you alot di and can't stay without you. Only I know how much I missed you at the time when you left"

"I know you have suffered alot but please come out of that shell "

" If not for me then Adi. We both want our 16 years old di and Ruhi back."

"Please di" he hugged me and we both cried in each other's embrace.

How can I be selfish and tell him to just follow me. But it's also selfish for me to keep a son, brother, grandson away from his family

I caressed my hands on his head.

"Kabir, I trust you people to my life. I have no one except you two to call as mine. Do you think your di would be happy to send a piece of her heart away from herself. No I still want you beside me. Cracking jokes, smiling at me. It makes me feel like home. But I can't be selfish and keep you with me. Your family is also waiting for you. I know even they miss you alot."

"Please Kabir, return to your country. I am happy here. This is my life and I have accepted it."

"No di, please__ple"

"Shss, calm down you know right you can come here to meet me whenever you want."

"But I can't call you and see you daily dii. I miss you. Please come back with me and tell everyone the truth. Even I have the right to know who did this to you and our family"

I distanced myself from him

"No Kabir, no one gets to know the real culprit of my misery and death of dadu." I wiped the tears that flow from my eyes.

"Dadu wanted everyone to be together after his death and I can't break his promise. The truth will destroy each and every bond of our family."

"But di, together meant you included. Even you are the part of the family. Infact you are our pr_"

Suddenly someone knocked at my cabin

We both cleaned our faces and later I ordered the person to come in