"My teeth work just fine. Go on and ask Jenny where she got that hickey from last night in her inner thighs."

"Gross!"

He chuckles because he knows he put all those bad imaginations inside my head. It was like thinking about your parents having sex. Ew.

There's an understanding pause between us and he breaks it. "Do you need anything? Money? I can get you money right now. Tell me how much you need."

"I'm fine. You need to stop worrying about me."

"Over my dead body."

"Don't say that!"

I could hear him do an eye roll. "How's everything at the club?" He takes in a deep sigh, "Zane is pissed because he lost his best girl. Your usual clients keep asking for you every day. Marcelo is on the receiving end of the tantrums which I think he deserves after what you pulled on Zane that night."

"I wasn't holding the gun."

"I still wanna know who that man is. If he's dangerous, I gotta let him know I ain't scared to pull a trigger."

"He's... well, he's caring."

"Caring how?"

"He... takes care of me. He makes sure I'm okay."

"Careful, baby, it could all be a trick."

"Don't worry. I can take care of myself."

"I know. You're my strong little girl."

"I know. Listen, I gotta go."

"Okay. Take care of yourself. I love you."

"I love you too."

I take a deep breath when I hear the other line go silent. I just miss them so much that it hurts.

My eyes tear up and I wipe away at it before the tears can even trail down my face.
I get up and unlock the door. And right as I pull it open, I gasp, "Fuck!" With a hand on my chest. He's standing right there. Hair messy, lips a little puffy from waking up. He slightly tilts his head and I grumble, "You need a cat collar around your neck." His voice comes out husky, "Who were you talking to?"

The question wasn't interrogating but genuine curiosity.

"Oh, one of my friends from the club." I had to lie. Anything to protect my family. He nods and rubs the sleep away from his eye.
He looks adorable like that. I never catch his waking face because he's usually up before me.
I put my hands on his chest and got on my toes, "I wanna go out today. I wanna see everything."

"And you want me to be your tour guide?"

I smile sweetly.

Instead of making breakfast, he insisted on taking me to his favorite place which was a cozy little hut on the corner of the street that sold a handful of things.

I moan at the smell of broth. It was freezing here, last night it poured heavily.
Jin wore jeans, a T-shirt, and a thick black jacket. All casual. We stood in the line, me being right beside him as I eyed whatever the old lady was selling. Couldn't read the little handwritten menu board because it was all in Korean but all I could tell this little hut sold at least six dishes in total. 

We were next after the middle-aged women in front of us. "So what's so special here?" He answers, fixing his glasses in his nose, "Fish cakes."

"Fish cakes?"

"It's the broth that's the best part in the morning on an empty stomach. It's salty and hearty and just overall perfect."

"So this is your favorite place?"