Mesmerized

Greyson

7:35 AM 

A thousand thoughts are running through me as I lay on the bench, lifting the 200 lb bar off my chest. I let out another breath as the bar comes up and lower it back down again. 

It's only the first day of pre-season and it's already kicking my ass. We play Denver in two weeks and I can't even lift half of my max bench. 

I go to lift the bar up again and suddenly my whole body just feels slow and tired and the weight coems to a halt halfway and I can't lift it anymore. Then, the bar is lifted up and I see Blake. 

Blake has been my best friend since he got assigned as my roomate at BC on the very first day of school. He knows me better than anyone else- and he also knows that it's normally never an issue to lift a measly 200 pounds. 

I sigh, running a hand through my hair as I sit up. He walks infront of me. I look up at him as he says, "What is going on with you man?" 

I sniffle and shrug, "I'm not sure." I respond. That's a fat lie and he knows it. 

But, he sighs and says, "Well, figure it out soon." Then walks away and I throw my head back and groan.

Im hungover as fuck and it doesn't help that the blonde from this morning screamed her head off at me when I was trying to leave without her noticing. It's a normal occurence for me to go back to womens apartments and try to leave without waking them up but it never works. Usually I wouldn't have minded getting yelled at because normally I don't give a fuck, but I drank a bit too much last night.

So, here I am, a total wreck on the first day of pre-season.

"Cmon ladies lets move it! Lets go Caddel!"

I hear my coach Stradlater Petrov yell. He is one scary guy and looks exactly like his wife. Who is equally as scary and is the figure skating coach here at BC. He has jet black hair and piercing green eyes and played pro hockey. He holds the record for most goals ever scored and expects us to be like him. Let's just say the bar is set sky-high.

I slump out of the weight room and go into the locker room and throw on my pads and gear. I lace up my skates and Charlie pats me on the back. I turn and see him flash me a smile before he walks out the locker room. I follow his suit and when I step into view of the rink- my eyes immeditaly fall onto the skating pair gliding across the rink- doing tricks that make my body hurt just thinking about. 

It's no secret that Evelyn Wilder is stunning. Her natural blonde hair and bright blue eyes wow any guy. She is a figure skater here and is also one of my best buds sister, Callum to be exact. He's a transfer from UMich and is the co-captain. When he moved into our dorm on his first day, the first thing he told us was to stay out of his sisters pants. And we all knew who she was too. Shes the only girl at this school who hasn't thrown herself at anyone at this school. 

Last year there were rumors that she was with a reciever on the team named Carter Allen, but those went away when everyone saw him with some brunette at a party named Lucy. 

Shes basically untouchable and thats not the only reason people know her, she was also a fucking national title winner as a freshman. Her and her partner, Theo I think, won their national title last year as fresman and are now training for the olympics.

It's impressive as fuck. So, like anyone else, I am amazed as I watch them preform their routine and she goes flying in the air and does spins and jumps. It's just really cool. 

We all continue to make our way over to the box and just as we all prepare to get on the ice- we watch as she jumps and goes flying in the air and lands back down- but her skate seems to slip out from underneath her and she goes flying in the board, her body curled into a ball.