chapter 18

UNEDITED

                       KIARA POV

  "Okay.... it all started when Iris was born, I mean your sister " He shrugged uncomfortably rolling his eyes.

  "We found out that Jarden's mom had blood cancer, it was very heartbreaking because she was given a limited time to live, it was really painful for us to bear and besides we just had Iris, was I going to take care of Iris and you all alone" my glance turn to Jarden whose expression seems to soften.

  " let's just skip to the main point here "Jarden said.

  "Okay I know I was the reason why your sister died and I swear I still blame myself every day for what happened that day, so after your sister's death your mom was devastated she wished she had died too".

  " she told me that since she was going to die any moment, she told me to turn off the hospital monitor imagine what she just said, she was practically telling me to kill her, why would I do that? I rather die, I told her. She used every word she could find so I could just turn it off, she even called me a cheating bastard like I was a cheating bastard so that didn't affect me." I couldn't deny the sincerity when tears rolled down his cheeks.

  " I was devastated when I turned it off, she told me she didn't want her kids to know that she had cancer instead she died because of the accident but Jarden saw me when I turned it off, I couldn't tell the little boy that he mom had cancer and she told me to kill her he would just laugh and continue hating me". He stopped talking and then turned to Jarden.

  "Why did you threaten to kill Kiara?" Jarden asked still not satisfied with his confession.

  "When I found out about your relationship with Kiara,  I was quite angry because I was getting married to her mother, I am a wealthy man and the media knows me, they have seen you both multiple times kissing so what would it be like if it came out to the world, I know I was selfish for separating you both but I had to, since you already knew me as a killer, I had to do that".

  " When I found out about Kiara's pregnancy I tried to look for you but didn't find you, I regretted what I did so I made sure I was there for your kids, I made sure they never lacked anything,  I loved them so much"

  "Did Jake know?" Jarden asked.

  " yes he did, he somehow found out" jarden nodded before turning me around to hug me. I was shocked at first but hugged his back.

  " I'm sorry son" James said before walking out.

  " I blamed him for years Kiara" his voice cracked. He was crying.

  " I did not want to believe him but when he talked about how my mom begged him to it that, I knew he was telling the truth because my mom can be really demanding,  and when she tells you something she always has a way to convince you to do it".

  His hands moved to my belly and he began to caress it.

  " I know I have done stupid things but I want to be with you forever and with our kids too, it's pains me every morning when I wake up but I don't see you or our kids" he paused then pulled back from the hug. He touched my face and then pecked my forehead

  " I want you to be my wife" I was caught off-guard.  He wanted me to be his wife. His lips met with mine almost immediately.  I didn't expect it though, he was tender and slow. I kissed him back, I won't lie but I have missed his lips on mine.

  " is this supposed to be exciting to watch?" Jon's voice made us shift from each other.

  " that was disgusting?" I gasped when Iris said that. She was supposed to be sweet all the time.