Chapter 2

UNEDITED

                     KIARA POV

" Always remember, Don't talk to strangers in school, you should only talk to people you know and your teachers, okay". Iris nodded and Jon stared at me blankly.

  " Jon" I warned.

  " Yes, Mom". I smiled before kissing them on their cheeks.

  " Protect your sister always and make sure you don't get into any trouble" Jon nodded his head before holding Iris's hand.

  " Bye," I smiled waving at them.

  I stared at the beautiful school building for the last time before entering my car and drove off. Paying for their school fees hasn't been a problem for me since day 1. Mr Thompson made sure I enrolled them into a private school that was expensive and he paid the fees. I couldn't be more happy to have a supportive person in my children's lives.

  I got a job as an assistant in a company. My boss is the nicest person I have ever seen. After hearing I had twins, he made sure I didn't work too much and I went home early. He was a proud father of two grown-up children, his kids are even married now and he had a wife.

  I feel like I am having a perfect life right now.

  " Sir, your coffee" Mr Grey smiled before taking the coffee from me.

  " Did you get the file from yesterday?" He asked.

  " Yes sir" I answered.

  " Send it to my office when you're done settling down" he said when he saw my bag was still in my hand. I smiled before walking out of his office.

  I gave Mr grey the file before going to my office to start the work of the day. Mr Grey's son and his wife were coming to Texas to stay there permanently. I have never seen Mr grey that happy when he got a call from his son. That was so sweet.

  I was supposed to go with Grey to welcome them from the airport but I got a call from Iris and Jon's school, telling me Iris had flu. But she was perfectly okay this morning. I got permission from Mr Grey and then went to Iris's school.

  Seeing Iris almost made me tear up, she looked so sick, and her eyes brightened when she saw me.

  " My baby" I called softly when she hugged me.

  " How are you feeling" I said as she touched her face.

  "I-I feel tired" I kissed her softly before carrying her.

  " You're going to be okay very soon, okay?"  I kissed her forehead before walking towards the car. Jon was still in school so I had to call my mom to pick him up. I needed to take Iris to the hospital.

"These are the drugs prescribed for her, Make sure she doesn't take anything cold and also should not play too much" the doctor said I nodded.

  " Mama, I don't like drugs" she cried out by the time we were already out of the hospital.

  " You have to take it in other to get better and play" Iris frowned before hiding her face in the crook of my neck.

  " I don't want it" she grumbles. I stopped at the parking lot.

  " Do you want to play with your brother?" I asked and she nodded slowly.

  " You love ice cream right?" She nodded again.

  " Then you have to take your drugs, if you don't take them you will not be able to play with your brother or even get ice cream" she sighs before hiding her face in my neck again.