74 Red thread of fate

Anastasia stood gracefully in the opulent ballroom, her eyes scanning the guests as she awaited Ezen. Amidst the swirling dancers, she spotted Victor, a familiar face in the crowd.

"Uncle Victor!? What a pleasant surprise. I didn't expect to see you here." She went towards him.

Victor was surprised to see her here. "Why are you at this party? You know it's not safe for you."

"Well, danger has never stopped me before." She smirked. "Now, have you heard anything about Dahlia? She was an angel of destiny. I read about her from the book you gave me... but most of the information pages about her were torn apart. Do you know where she can be currently?

Victory felt uneasy when she mentioned Dahlia. "Anastasia, why are you involved in this? It's dangerous."

"You always worry too much. I am really fine." Anastasia tried to deflect the topic. "Now, about Dahlia..."

"Anastasia, this is no time for games. Why do you want to find her?" He became serious.

"Never mind about that." She sighed because she didn't want to tell him about the plan. "But I need a favour from you. Tell me everything you know about my past." Mimi said one day she would know everything but right now she was growing impatient.

"Even I want to tell you the truth but this place is not safe. If others heard about your past then they'll..." Before he could speak he heard the clack of high heels heading towards them.

"I hope I didn't interrupt you guys." Larissa smiled and looked at Victor. "There's a matter of utmost importance that requires your attention. Follow me please."

Victor shot Anastasia a regretful look before being led away by Larissa, leaving Anastasia in the midst of the lively party, her quest for answers momentarily.

"I wonder when I'll find out everything." She clicked her tongue in annoyance.

***

(Meanwhile upstairs)

"Be in your limits, Julian. Don't you dare touch me again." Equinox glared at him.

Stung by the humiliation, Julian's expression hardened, and he retaliated by raising his hand to strike back. Before he could follow through, Ezen intervened, gripping Julian's wrist with authority.

"That's enough, Julian.
We won't tolerate violence." He spoke with seriousness.

"Really? You are telling me about not doing violence?" Julian scoffed. "Your sister started this. Why don't you stop her!?"

"I did it because you deserved it" She scowled.

"Stop it everyone!" Ezen got annoyed. "This is not the way to resolve your issues." He looked at Julian. "Don't you have to attend the guest? So please leave." He tried to behave firm.

"Fine!" Julian greeted his teeth. He didn't want to get involved with Ezen that's why he swallowed his pride. He one last time glanced at Equinox with hatred and left.

As Julian departed with a brooding expression, the tension lingered, leaving Ezen and Equinox to exchange wary glances, aware that the conflict might not be resolved with a simple departure.

Ezen sighed. "Equinox what is this behaviour? We are not here to fight. We are here just to find..." He opened his mouth to speak Dahlia's name but no words came from his mouth.