12 Revenge planning

"Anastasia where are you?" Isabelle screamed while searching for her.

She glanced at Emily who was also trying her best to find her. Her mind was very uneasy right now.

What if something dangerous happened to her on this night.

Why can't this girl listen to her at least one time?

If it wasn't for the possibility of that monster harming her. Isabelle wouldn't have been this anxious about it. She knew that Anastasia was too gullible.

What if that creature manipulated her into taking him out of that underground door? The curse that was gone centuries ago from this village would return again and ruin a lot of people's lives. That thought was enough to make her have a panic attack.

"Grandma I am here." She heard Anastasia scream that made her feel relieved.

She ran towards the direction her voice came from and saw Anastasia coming towards her.

She looked normal which means she didn't went inside that forbidden forest.

If she would have gone inside it then her mana would be very low right now and that would have made her look sick but Anastasia looked fine which means she didn't open the door yet. That gave a sense of consolation.

Looking at her. Isabelle's eyes started getting wet and she went towards Anastasia and hugged her tightly.

"It's okay grandma. Nothing happened to me. I am fine." Anastasia said while hugging her back.

Isabelle broke the hug looking at Anastasia and slapped her across the face. The slap was not that hard. But it still stings Anastasia's face.

The sudden slap made Anastasia shocked.

Even though she has done many bad things in her childhood her grandma never raised her hand at her. It was not in her personality to hit anyone.

Then why did she suddenly slap her? Did she find out about her going to the forbidden forest?

She looked at Emily for confirmation but she gave her no reaction by that. She was just looking at her sympathetically.

"Why don't you listen to me? How many times did I tell you not to go to that place. But you still don't understand." Isabelle shouted at her.

Anastasia rubbed her cheek and looked at Isabelle with her puppy eyes.

"Grandma I know I did wrong. But you should have not hit me like that."

When Anastasia said it Isabelle realized what she did.

She didn't want to hit her but when it is a matter of her village and her family's safety sometimes She just can't control her feelings.  She was feeling guilty for hitting Anastasia.

That child didn't even do anything and she slapped her for no reason. She thought to herself.

"I am so sorry Anastasia I didn't mean to slap you." She came forward and touched Anastasia's cheek. "I was so worried about you when Emily told me that you were not in your room that i..."

Anastasia caressed Isabelle's hand and smiled at her. "It's ok grandma don't feel bad about it. I understand that you were worried about me and I promise I am not going to go outside at night without telling you again."

"I just hope you keep your promise and stay away from that forbidden area." She stared at the gate. "That place is not safe for anyone to go." Isabelle looked at Emily.  "And I am not telling this thing only to Anastasia."

"Fine grandma I will also stay away from that place." Emily looked down and said.

"Whatever now let's go home. It is not safe to stay here at this hour. We will talk about this in the morning." Isabelle announced and started heading towards the house directions.