"Skittles huh?" Eden broke the silence, his tone hinting at amusement. I swallowed, glancing up at him. "Mhm..." I tried to feign nonchalance, hoping that my answer would be enough to end the conversation. He tilted his head to the side, observing me curiously. Whats the big deal its just candy. "Well, thankyou for calling a cab for me, have a good night" I said before turning and walking out towards the street in order to meet the taxi, whenever they showed up. As I walked I heard his footsteps following behind me. "Don't think I'm going to let you out of my sight until you're in that cab". That tone, sounded comforting but terrifying at the same time. Not that I believed he was truly going to harm me, his actions thus far had proven otherwise. Still, his intimidating persona left me wary. I could feel his gaze boring into my back, assessing me with every step. Maybe he was even giving my ass an eye up.

I sighed. "Fine, but you can't follow me home again", I turn to glare back at him. Eden offered a sly grin of knowing, that caused my heart to flutter, the sinister undertone sending ripples of unease through my veins. "Wouldn't dream of it sweetheart" he quipped sarcastically. Ugh, typical men. Though.. he wasn't tyoical. Trying to charm me into dropping my guard. His honeyed voice rang clear in the silent night, carrying a strange musicality that both entranced and alarmed me. His gravelly tones washing over me like a soothing balm. His mannerisms were simultaneously charming and unsettling, creating chaos inside my head. Once we reached the street I took a deep breath of the autum air. Crinkling up the skittle wrapper in my hand. I noticed the reddened corner from my lipstick, having rubbed off as I tore the packet open with my teeth.

I looked around for a rubbish bin but couldn't see one. Huffing I continued to hold onto it, not wanting to litter. Eden extended his large hand, palm facing upward. "Let me take that for you" he said. I glanced at him from our distanced stance on the street, standing 5 feet apart at least. "I won't litter, I'll find a trash can on my way home". I swear this man could read minds. "Thanks" I muttered quietly, handing the wrapper over to him. His fingers brushed against mine as he accepted the small piece of paper, a sensation that jolted me like a bolt of lightning. I shivered, my heartbeat quickening. The exchange of physical contact stirred unexpected feelings within me. It was as if the connection between us transcended mere proximity. Eden tucked the wrapper into his pocket, his movements fluid and graceful. He surveyed the area, his gaze scanning the streets for signs of the cab.

As the minutes ticked by, I grew increasingly anxious. The presence of strangers loomed in the shadows, casting ominous silhouettes among the dimly lit buildings. Eden stood guard, his alertness belying a strength and determination that kept me rooted beside him. "It's coming," his cryptic statement sent me into panic, until he pointed across the street to his left. I squinted, spotting the faint glow of lights flickering in the distance. As the taxi approached, Eden guided me toward the curb. The vehicle came to a stop, and he opened the door for me to enter. I hesitated, looking around nervously. "Thank you," I whispered, grateful for his attentiveness.

"Goodnight, Lyla" he replied, closing the door gently, staring at me with those piercing blue orbs that held oceans of mystery, the kind where you dive deep, but cannot reach the bottom. As the taxi pulled away. Eden stood motionless, watching the vehicle disappear into the distance. His rigid posture exuded an unwavering resilience, a forcefield that surrounded him like an invisible shield. For some reason, I couldn't shake the feeling that he was far more complex than meets the eye. A myriad of questions swirled inside my brain, demanding answers. I turned to glance at him once more through the back window, though he had now dissapeard into the cold night. The ride home was a blur of unfamiliar faces and neon lights, the cityscape melting past the window. I rested my forehead against the cool glass, feeling the weight of the day pressing down on me. What had initially seemed like a simple task moving to a new city and starting a new job had escalated into a chaotic whirlwind of events.

TEMPTRESSजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें