Buffalo milk and egg yolks

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Of course I do! 9gag is love. 9gag is life."

"You must be kidding me. God, Thalia, you... Grew up!"

We laughed and laughed. This is that kind of "try to feel good" day for both of us. We end it awkwardly. She brings me my rum syrup coffee today, i put all my books on the table and start shuffling my bag for my phone when a horrible storm starts outside. I glance at Thalia and we start laughing at the view of running people. The café starts to fill with wet customers. This seems to disappoint Thalia, somehow. I look on the window and notice a boy running. Eventually, I find my phone and turn on the wi-fi to check my tumblr a bit. The bell startsu ringing, sign that someone else entered the café. I look around and see that all the tables are full now. Families laugh and talk loudly, children play around and waitresses start shuffling in from the bar to take orders and bring menus. It's beautiful. A few minutes ago the place was almost empty.

I look around for Thalia and I see her talk to the guy I heard entering the shop, the one I also saw outside. He wears sunglasses and a funny cap, appearance that makes my head search for an explanation. Error 404: style undetected. I see them approach my table and I start praying they won't come to me. I hate it, Thalia, ya know it. Redirect, change lanes, redirect, for god's sake!

"Excuse me, do you mind if I sit here? There's no place else here and the owner told me..."the boy says, with a beautiful accent.

"Yeah, whatever, no problem." I reply, not making eye contact, not starting conversation.

After a while, as I was writing down my English composition about the beauty of nature in the life of an average human being, I hear his voice again.

"So, what's your name?"

"My name?"

"Umm, yeah. I'm talking to you at the moment."

"Yeah, right. My name is... Tiffany." I never tell the truth to strangers. I am scared of strangers and this guy kind of freaks me out anyway. He didn't even take his sunglasses off! I find that rude, leaving out the funny cap crap.

"Tiffany..." He pronounces my fake name as if he is tasting it. Ugghhhh... I hope the rain stops so he can leave. Where's Thalia anyway....

"Sorry to keep you waiting, young man. Things got more crowded than expected. I guess you met Phoebe, right?" Thalia pops into the scene, ruining my whole lie.

"Yeah, sorry... I lied. My name's Phoebe, not Tiffany. I just don't like strangers."I mumble embarrassed, continuing to look down at my notebook.

"Then you don't like people at all, sweetheart." he says, trying to catch my eye, tilting his head.

For the first time, I raise my eyes and look properly at him. He took off his glasses and his funny cap. I know him from somewhere, it's just... I don't remember. Thalia was just watching us, shell-shocked.

"Do I know you?" I ask puzzled.

"Maybe? I don't care." He answers swiftly.

"Shall I give you some time to decide...?" asks Thalia rather embarrassed.

"No, thank you. I'll take whatever the lady has taken." he answers, with incredible boredom.

"You don't even know what I drink, it might be buffalo milk and egg yolks." I snap, pretty exasperated. Is he flirting or anything? He'd better take this thought away.

"I couldn't care less. Tell me about yourself."

I look at Thalia, who has immediately sprinted off to the bar, leaving me alone with this... Human being. I try to catch her eyes and when I do, all she does is smile in a cheeky way at me.