"Yes, exactly!" Adrian said. "That way she will think being on her period doesn't matter to you." 

"And that's how I will find out if she is on her period or not." 

"Yes." Adrian nodded. "If she lied then she will throw herself at you tonight so you don't think about another chick." 

"But if she is on her period, she will kill me?" I asked.

"Obviously." Adrian laughed. "Making a girl in her period jealous is worse than taking a bullet."

"Annette is very scary when she's sick." I told him. "She gets jealous over everything."

"Think about the positive side." Adrian said. "If Annette lied, you will get laid tonight and on top of that, you will find out what's wrong with you."

"There's nothing wrong with me Adrian now get out of my office." I said.

"We know that but Annette seems to think there's something wrong with you so make sure you find that out tonight." This asshole is enjoying it.

"I'll beat you up if you don't get out of my face right now." 

"I'm leaving." He got up. "But don't forget to ask her what's wrong with you."

"Adrian!" I snapped.

"Keep that question in mind cousin, it will help us both." He laughed before leaving my office. I will get that asshole back. Today, he is enjoying my suffering but tomorrow the tables might turn and I will have the last laugh. Nothing ever lasts forever and that's something people should know. 

The second I was done in the office, I went straight home. I had dinner with the twins and Annette. After that Annette and I put the kids in bed so I texted Adrian to call me in a few minutes. 

I went downstairs to the kitchen to get some water while I waited for Adrian's call. The asshole seems to be taking his time. 

"Shirtless tonight." Annette commented looking at me. "What's the occasion?"

"I like sleeping naked but since I don't want to walk around naked in front of you I decided to just be shirtless." 

"You can take off your pants and put on a gown."

"You need pants to put on a gown." I said. "So I can't put on a gown, sorry ma'am." I smiled. "Why does it bother you though if I am shirtless?"

"It doesn't. I just think a gown would look better on you." Annette said and my phone started ringing so I ignored her and answered the call.

"What do you want?" I asked Adrian acting like he had been bothering me.

"Tell me I have great timing by saying I told you it's over and if I called at the wrong time you can just hang up." He said.

"I told you it's over so why are you calling me again." Not going to lie, I love seeing Annette jealous.

"Who is it?" Annette asked.

"Pretend the call is more important than her and walk away from her." Adrian said so I followed his instruction. 

"I won't lie to you. I  am really done this time." I said.

"Did Annette follow you or is she---."

"No." I interrupted Adrian. "No. I don't think it will ever work out."

"Elijah I am sure Annette will explore anytime. She's probably dying to know who you are talking to and why you keeping it a secret so don't act nervous. Annette knows you too well, she will know if you are lying."

"Bye! I am done with this!" I hung up on Adrian. 

"So who was it?" Annette asked with a smile. "A friend?" She's really mad now. I just hope she isn't on her period.

"An old friend, yes."

"A girl?" She asked.

"Why does it matter?" I asked. 

"It doesn't matter but I just want to know." She smiled. "No more lies and secrets, remember." 

"You lied about being on your period so why can't I lie?" I asked.

"Eli--."

"So I was right?" I asked. "You not on your period."

"I can explain."

"Annette, why couldn't you just say no instead of lying? Do you know how bad someone has to be for a girl to use period as an excuse?" I said. "Annette, do you not want us to be together or something?"

"What?" She giggled. "You think I lied 'cause I don't want to be with you." She laughed. "No. Elijah, I lied cause I wasn't ready. I haven't been with anyone for such a long time and my body changed okay." She said. "I gave birth and my body isn't the same anymore."

"You think I would have a problem with your body?" I asked.

"Yes." She replied. "You are used to sleeping with models who have perfect bodies. Every girl you slept with has an amazing body, Elijah. Those girls didn't give birth so obviously their bodies are perfect compared to mine so I just thought you wouldn't be attracted to me anymore."

"Annette." I wrapped my hands around her waist. "How can you ever think I would never be attracted to you? You are perfect just the way you are that's why I love you so much. Anyone would be lucky to be with you so don't ever compare yourself to someone else."

"You only saying that to make me feel better." She said.

"Nope. I said it because I have been craving for your body for a very long time now." I told her. "I miss touching you, I miss kissing you." He kissed my neck.

"Elijah."

"I miss everything about you Annette."

"Does that mean I am the only one?" She asked.

"Of course." I replied. 

"Since we are back together and there's no more secrets between us. How about we finish what we started in the office." Annette suggested so I picked her up. 

"Your wish is my command."

*Don't forget to vote, comment and share please*