Narmeen glanced at her daughter in law for a brief period of time. Her eyes seemed to froze upon their conjoined hands. Her teeth clenched together, but something stopped her constant displeasure to appear. She couldn't pinpoint it. But something was poking at her conscience. Stopping her from doing something inappropriate.

"Shall we go inside?"

Owais finally addressed everyone. His eyes didn't fail to notice the way his wife was acting. He made a mental note to have a talk with her. It was necessary now. Everyone walked inside and sat down in the court room. Safa's heart was in her throat. She wasn't afraid. No, she was far from it. She was just anxious. Desperate to get it done with. She just wants to go home and relax in her own room, but she also can't miss the golden opportunity too, so she sat with her spine straight and eyes ahead.

The Judge entered the room and the hearing commenced. Pasha and Burhan were called and the way they looked brought immense satisfaction to Subhan's heart. To see the killer of his beloved brother in a rotting condition was making him so much happier.

Beside him was Pasha. The one who shot his wife and almost caused her to die. His eyes were fixated on his wife and a different kind of anger surfaced in his body. The one where the desire to punch every organ of his body consumed him. To watch him bleed just like his wife did. To see him gasping for air just like his wife did.

Glancing at his wife, he was surprised to see the anger and fury running in her orbs. She was glaring at him hard. She wasn't backing down. Matching his stare with equal intensity. He stopped. Whatever spark ignited in his body evaporated in thin air. A new sensation of appreciation swept his body. Appreciation for his wife. For her courage. Squeezing her hand, he relayed her feelings to her.

Safa couldn't help but glance at Zainab that sat in the other row. Her emotionless eyes were stuck on Burhan. Safa felt the similar wave of anger and fury surrounding Zainab. She was hurting and she was sad. Her husband was murdered by this man. She clenched her fists and looked away. Safa's heart broke a million times seeing a stray tear sliding down her cheek.

"She's hurting."

A cracked whisper left her mouth and it has Subhan looking up at her. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder and squeezed it. His eyes drifted to his best friend. Altamash eye's were fixed on Zainab. For the first time, Subhan saw a tingle of emotion in his best friend's eyes. The way he was gazing at his Bhabhi was almost....like he was hurting for her. Like he knew her pain. Like he wants to take her pain away. He frowned as Altamash fists clenched and he averted his gaze. Subhan too turned back not understanding how to address the following situation. He waited for the final verdict of the court which was announced soon.

The Judge after listening to all the evidences and proofs announced his decision

"With all the evidences provided here and from the previous records of both of them, this court verdict life time sentence to Ali Mohammed urf Pasha without parole. This court announces death sentence to Burhan Yalmaz and twenty years of jail."

A relieved sigh escaped everyone. The two men were pulled out from the court. They both were screaming and shouting and threatening. But no one listened. Safa stood up and released a sigh

"It's done."

She whispered almost unbelievably. She thought she'll cry a bit but right now she's feeling this intense wave of peace. Like all the chains that were once holding her are no longer bound to her. She's finally free. From her trauma, from years of pain and agony. It's finally over.

"I never felt this happy over someone's eventual death."

Subhan murmured. He never knew he had it in him to feel this morally grey. But he wasn't. This was what that killer deserved. His brother didn't deserve to die. He didn't die in vain. Today's his death has been avenged. He's given justice. Subhan walked to his parents where his father was consoling his crying mother and sister. He wrapped his arms around both of them as they shed tears. Safa's eyes teared up at the emotional scene folding in front of her. She leaned on her mother's arm and watched her husband comfort his parents and sister. She knew he was touched by today too. But he was hiding it as usual. She hasn't seen him loose control except for in the hospital. He doesn't need to hide it any longer now. She's here to take his pain away. Just like the way he did.

He pulled away from his family and hugged his best friend. Altamash's face was lit up with a genuine smile. Safa who was watching both the friends interact cast her eyes toward Zainab. She was still sitting down while controlling her tears. Her steps took her over to her on their own accord. She took a seat beside her and held her cold hand. Zainab stiffened and glanced at her. Her red rimmed eyes and the sorrow that etched her face was heart breaking. Safa squeezed her hand and muttered only to her

"You can cry."

For a while she rooted to her spot before one tear fell and many followed. A strangled sob escaped her lips and she broke down completely. Her sobs were so painful to witness. She was losing it. All the raw pain it was clawing at her chest wanting to get it all out. Narmeen wrapped her niece in her arms and cried with her. Safa stood up while wiping her own tears. Glancing at her husband, she walked to him and said

"It's so unfair. She's so hurt."

Subhan hugged her and rubbed her back. From the corner of his eyes, he saw Altamash storming out off the room. A seed of doubt was quickly settling in his heart. Something is going on with his best friend.

After a while, Zainab pulled away and wiped her face. Taking a lunge of air, she faced everyone with a wobbly smile.

"I'm fine."

Her admission was a lie. But nobody commented. She can't be fine. She just sat through a whole hour of hearing of her husband's murder. Of course she's far from fine. But no one wanted her to be sad anymore. Subhan nodded and everyone started to empty out of the room.

Altamash waited for them outside and immediately averted his gaze when Zainab came into view. He couldn't bear the pain in her eyes. It was too much. From his peripheral vision, he saw Subhan approaching him.

"Hey you'll drive my family home?"

"Of course." Came Altamash's clipped reply. Subhan frowned yet again not understanding what's wrong with him.

"What's wrong? Everything's fine?" Altamash clearly saw the concern laden in his voice but he can't tell him so he lied as usual.

"I'm fine."

Thankfully, Subhan didn't probe him further and walked to his wife. She was standing beside her family.

"I and Ammi are leaving for her doctor's appointment. You go home and rest, Safa. I'll come to meet you in the evening."

She nodded and hugged her mother once before they left. Subhan's family drove past them too and she turned to look at her husband. He was looking at her with a strange expression etched on his face. She frowned and ran his finger between the gaps in his eyebrows.

"What are you thinking?" She questioned him. He didn't reply to her on the second. However when he spoke, she was blown away

"Marry me." She laughed out loud and told him the obvious truth

"We already are."

He shook his head and stepped closer to her. Confusion marred her features and she gazed at him questionably

"What I mean to say is that I want to see you in a bridal dress. All dressed up for me. I want to feel that rush of excitement seeing you walk down the aisle. I want to come to your home and ask for your hand in marriage. I want to feel what's its like to get married under normal circumstances".

His confession made her melt into a puddle. She never knew he was having these thoughts. Well what can she possibly expect. Its her husband she's talking about. He was always the one to think the best of her. Passing him a coy smile, she leaned on her toes to whisper in his ear

"Yes, I'll marry you again."

A flirtatious smile overtook his lips and he repeated back

"Yeah let's get married again."

Both shared a laugh before finally driving back home. 

To their home.
•••••••••••

Asalamoaliukm everyone. Here's another update. Who is excited to see those two lovelies getting married? I hope you'll enjoy today's chapter.
Until the next update, Allah Hafiz.

Emanetजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें