|45|: Tranquility/قرار

تیرے دیدار کے لمحے بہت قیمتی تھے
ہم اگر آنکھ جھپکتے تو خسارہ کرتے-------

Subhan tapped his fingers on the table. It's sound creating a rhythm against the silent environment. But nothing brought him any kind of peace. In his mind were raging chaos. Bodily, he was present here in the police station of Islamabad, but his mind, it was homeless. Swaying from one place to another in search of shore or destiny. The sliding of the door brought him back to his present situation when the chief of the police staff greeted him before occupying the chair behind the table.

"How are you, Mr. Durrani?"

The kind gentleman asked him in his somewhat soft voice. It wasn't very soft though, given he's a police officer. He's prone to be strict and tough like a wall of bricks.

"We both know it doesn't matter."

Came Subhan's dry response. The chief before him nodded slowly. A mild wave of guilt washed over Subhan's form for being irrelevantly rude to the man, but he couldn't help it. Right now, all he wants is to destroy. To ruin everything that comes his way. Suddenly, as if a switch went off in his brain, he slapped his hand on the table, he roared

"Get me that man! Both of them! I want them before my eyes."

His breath came harder. He felt hot all over his body as white hot anger consumed his form, molding his sense of sanity. Glaring at the man, he gritted

"Where are they?"

His voice turned unexpectedly calm. His demeanour changed. He wasn't himself. His inside's were burning. He wants revenge. Cruel bloody revenge. He wants the killer of his brother, the tormentor of his wife to be wiped away from the face of the earth. He wants their crimes to be out in the open. He wants them to feel punished for their crimes.

"We're looking for them." He chuckled as he leaned back in his chair. Shaking his head, he muttered while glancing at the chief before him

"You have to find them. If you won't, I will and nobody will like the consequences."

He got up from his chair before making his way toward the door to finally leave this place. To get out of his sick place and seek his refugee. His steps stopped when he heard the man say

"I'm sorry about your wife. I really am." A dangerous expression marred his features. His hands turned into fists.

"Find those killers. Their time on earth shouldn't be that long."

With one glance at the chief inspector, he left the premises of police station. Coming out, he breathed in fresh air. His windpipe felt blocked. Like something was pushing at it causing the air supply to cut off. He leaned his hands on the car and breathed softly. Reminding himself of his mission. To find those criminals and put an ending to their story. He can't show weakness right now. He has to do the right thing. His phone rang in his pocket and he took it out and kept it on his ear after seeing it was his father.

"Subhan." His eyes automatically closed when he heard his father's pained whisper. He knew what he'll ask of him. He can't give him that. Not right now.

"I can't."

He answered in a low voice. His broken self was vulnerable in front of his father. He was always the closest to his father. Hammad was Mama's boy. He was more on the reckless side. The wild one. A trait he inherited from his father.

"Beta, come home. Your mother is waiting for you. Your sisters are worried for you."

His mother, Mehreen and Natalia flew in two days ago. He has never heard Mehreen cry after his brother's funeral. But after the whole incident and how Safa.....his throat constricted at the thought. The thought bringing him pain and agony. He misses her. He misses her a lot. She was his anchor. His light in the shadows. His moon in the dark sky. His everything.