Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you. - Scarian (Hermitcraft)

Start from the beginning

Pearl looked at him and Jimmy gave her a look too. Then a small head nod towards Scar. Pearl smiled and looked at Scar before her eyes locked on her brother again. They seemed to be having a conversation with their eyes.

In which, Pearl relaxed and chuckled then turned back to Scar, all of the stiffness falling from her stance, "Yeah. Scar, are you sure?" She joked.

Scar's expression hardened, "Very." He said.

Martyn made a soft noise, "Ehhh, I'm not really convinced," He said.

Jimmy gave the parakeet a look, Martyn waved him off and smirked at Scar. He leaned forward and rested his elbows on his knees, his bright green wings resting back behind him.

"What- what does he mean by that?" Scar asked Jimmy, the blonde shrugged.

"Prove it," Martyn said.

Scar titled his head slightly, "Huh?"

"Prove that you are sure about wanting to marry our brother, Scar," He responded with a simple shrug.

Scar flashed Jimmy a look for help, the canary put his hands up in defense. Scar then looked to Pearl who gave him a "I can't help you" look. Scar loved them but they were very un-helpful in that moment.

"Uh.. How?" Scar asked, finally meeting Martyn's blue eyes.

"Why?" Scar looked confused before Martyn chuckled and reiterated, "Why do you want to marry him?"

"You are making this unnecessarily difficult, Martyn." Scar responded, Martyn motioned for him to go and leaned back in his chair. Scar rolled his eyes, "Because I love him."

"That isn't good enough," Martyn said, causing Scar to groan.

Jimmy and Pearl snickered and Scar stuck his tongue out at them making them laugh.

Scar sighed, Martyn looked at him expectantly, "Grian means a lot to me Martyn, really, he does. I want to marry him because we have been through so much together-" Scar felt his face heat up and a smile come across his lips as he spoke. "-and I really wouldn't be sitting here right now without him. I can't imagine my life without him, so that's why. Does that answer your question, Martyn?" Martyn's smirk turned into a real smile.

"Yeah, it does," He said, "It was already a yes but yeah, you can marry him. Of course you can Scar, I've never seen him as happy as he is with you," Martyn said, Scar smiled at the blonde.

He then turned to Jimmy, as did the other two. Jimmy looked confused for a moment, Scar laughed softly at the fact that he forgot he was apart of the conversation.

The former sheriff raised an eyebrow, "I need your vote Jimmy," Scar said.

"I thought my vote was obvious?" Jimmy asked.

"Maybe," Pearl said, "But he needs verbal confirmation for his Vex thing," She motioned to Scar when she said "vex thing". Jimmy "ohhhh"'d softly.

"Yeah of course!" He smiled, "I trust my deputy!" Jimmy said with a small shrug.

Scar stood up and clapped, "Thank you so much!"

The three also stood and pulled him into a group hug, Grian had an amazing family. Grian was lucky to have them.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

The next day Grian stood in front of the mirror in Scar's bedroom fiddling with the tie he had on. The blonde wore a white button up, ditching his usual red sweater for a red tie. It wasn't a formal event by any means but most people dressed up anyway. Scar sat on his bed and looked up to see Grian still messing with it. He squinted and had his tongue poking out of his mouth a little in concentration. Scar stifled a laugh causing Grian to turn around and glare at him, dropping the tie back around his neck. The "knot" came undone, causing the ties ends to fall loosely and hang down around the collar of his shirt.