Three

Once Tehlani's eyes close

Once Tehlani's eyes close. I let a strangle sob come out of me. "Lio, what's wrong? Why'd you call her Tehlani?" Ciro asks with tears in his eyes.

I look around my family and see them shock with tears in their eyes or tears streaming down their face. I look back at Tehlani's sleeping figure and sigh a shaking breath.

"That's.. It's her. That's Tehlani." I whisper out and I hear slight intakes of breath from anyone. "No, no, no it's not. S-she doesn't have the n-necklace. It's not her Lio." Ottavio stutters out and shakes his head.

Everyone nods but I shake my head. "Yes the fuck it is. I know my sister!" I grit out as more tears fall down. "Mio figlio, stop it. It's not her." My father shakes his head with tears in his eyes.

I look over at my mom who's shaking in his grasp. She looks at me with silent sniffles. 'No, no it's her. I know it is goddamnit!' I feel small hands on my face and I look over at the small little girl in my arms.

"Necklace?" She questions. She looks around as all my family members stare at her. She lets go of my face and grabs something around her neck. She pulls it off and holds it towards my parents.

Multiple gasps are heard around us. "Mommy's necklace. You are mommy's mommy." The little girl reaches for momma with our family necklace in her hand. Momma sobs and reaches for her. She wraps her arms around the little girl as my father gently takes the necklace from her.

"It's -It's the necklace." Father whispers out and I nod my head with a smile. I wrap my arm around Ottavio and Ciro as they both cry silently. I see the rest of my brothers huddling around Raffaele and our Tehlani.

"Baby, what's your name?" I ask the little girl, turning back towards her. "Zara Gianna Catteneo." Momma lets out a louder sob as she shoves her face into my father's chest.

She has our last name. "She really is our princess." Raffaele caresses Tehlani's face with a loving smile and tears dripping down his chin.

"Mommy's name is Tehlani Isabella Catteneo." Zara smiles widely and giggles. Both my parents kiss her cheeks as she giggles more.

I look around and see everyone smiling lovingly at her.

Mia sorella e mia nipote sono qui.

(My sister and niece are here).

"Let's go home."

I groan, opening my eyes only to close them as bright line blinds me

I groan, opening my eyes only to close them as bright line blinds me. I rub my eyes and sit up only to wince at my sore muscles.

My right eye was definitely swollen and I felt a bandage around my head. But otherwise the blood was all cleaned.

I finally open my eyes and look around the room I'm in. It's a beautiful room. The walls were a gorgeous lavender color. The bed was white with lavender pillows and slight blinds covering around the bed.

There was a white vanity desk on the side along with a bookshelf. There was a small couch with a TV on the wall and two doors which I believed leads to a bathroom and a closet.

Before I could continue searching, the bedroom door busts open and my little girl runs in. "Mommy!" She smiles giddy and jumps on the bed. I sigh in relief and kiss her face and she giggles. "Hi my beautiful baby." She snuggles her face into my neck.

Pulling her back, I see that was cleaned up and her clothes were changed. Who changed her?

Someone clears their throat and I look up. About 8 people are in my room, looking at me with adoration and love. I tighten my grip around my baby and my breath quickens up slightly.

"Lani. It's okay." I look over and see him. I see Emilio. My brother. "E-Emilio. Y-you ..me, w-what?" He smiles at me with tears in his eyes. "Ciao, piccolo." I let out a sob as I throw the overs off me in a hurry, and rush over to him.

I wrap my free arm around his neck as I'm still holding Zara. I feel his arms wrap around my waist and I sob into his shoulder. "Sh-shh, sorellina. I'm right here." I feel wetness on my shoulder and feel his body shaking.

I look back and caress his cheek. "I thought you were gone." I whimper out and he shakes his head. "No baby, I was here. Looking for you. We all were." When he says 'we' I look behind me and see the rest of my family. I didn't get a good look at them before but now I do.

I look around them looking for a specific person and I see her. I cry harder and hand Zara to Emilio. I look at my momma and rush to her.

I throw myself on her and we both fall on our knees. I wrap my arms tightly around her neck and she does the same around my waist. "Momma." I sob into her shoulder and I feel her run her hand up and down my back.

She shakes against me and tightens her grip. "La mia bellissima bambina." She kisses the side of my head before pulling me away and caressing my face.

My beautiful baby girl

I look to my side and see my dad crouched in front of us, one hand on my back and the other on my mom's. "Papà." He smiles and kisses the top of my head.

He helps both me and my mom stand up and he brings me into his embrace. No words are needed to explain how he feels. He kisses my head one more time.

I step out of his embrace and look at the rest of my siblings. Ciro looks at me while tears stream down his face. He's biting his lip and is shaking in his spot.

"Come here, CC." With that he runs towards me and I stumble back and quickly wrap my arms around his waist. His arms are around my neck and his face buried into my neck. "I missed you so much." He mutters in my neck and I smile.

Ciro is older than me by 3 years but he acts younger around me. I don't know why but i've always loved the close bond we had.

I look up and see Ottavio looking at me. "Come on you otter." He smirks slightly. He walks over to me and pushes Ciro off of me. "Hey!" I giggle as a few laughs go around the room.

Ottavio wraps his arms around my neck and I snuggle into his chest. "I missed you Teddy." He whispers and I nod my head. I kiss his cheek before he lets me go.

Giovanni walks over to us and kisses the side of my head. "Move you dimwit. It's my turn." He then nudges Ottavio out the way and proceeds to pick me up and spin me around.

He lets me back down and kisses my head again. I smile and look at Raffaele and Fabrizio. They both come up to me and wrap an arm around my waist. They kiss both of my cheeks and I laugh lightly.

"Mommy, my turn. Kiss! Kiss!" I look over at Zara as she wiggles out of Milo's arms. She runs to me and I pick her up. I shower her in kisses and she giggles uncontrollably.

"Is this my granddaughter?" Momma asks and I nod.

"Let's talk downstairs."