Four

I was now sitting in the living room by Milo and Ciro beside me

I was now sitting in the living room by Milo and Ciro beside me. Zara was sitting in Ottavio's lap on one of the single couches on my right.

Momma and Papa were sitting in front of me with Raffaele and Fabrizio beside them. And finally Giovanni was seated on the other singular couch but to my left.

I sigh.

TW: abuse & SA

"I got pregnant at 17. I didn't want to have children around this age, but I had no choice. I was forced to. Sexually abused by my ex-boyfriend, Daniel. The one you all met earlier when you helped me, he's the father of Zara.

He never treated either one of us right. He got abusive and it was so bad. He would hit Zara when she was only 1. I couldn't see my baby get hurt so I took it. If it meant to keep her out of his grasp so be it. It went on for those 3 years and I was getting tired of it. I begged and begged for him to stop but he wouldn't listen to me. He went as far as almost shipping Zara to fucking god knows where.

He thought Zara was a distraction to me so I couldn't please him with his needs. I hated it. So much. When I first found out about Zara, I panicked. I didn't know what to do. I thought he would be happy but no. He hated it. Loathed it.

He told me to kill her. But I told him no and kept her. As those days went on, I only had Zara on my mind. She's my baby. My happiness. My everything. If anything were to happen to her, I don't know what I would do.

But today, today was the final straw. I couldn't raise my daughter in that asshole's house. So I escaped and ran. And then I ran into you." I look up at my family, gently wiping my eyes.

I hadn't known I was crying until Milo wiped them away before. Looking at my parents, my mom had tears in her eyes. My father, he looked livid. He had a hard glare on his face, staring into no where.

I look over at Raffaele and he too looked like my father. Fabrizio was clenching his jaw and his leg was bouncing up and down. Ottavio kept clenching and unclenching his jaw but once he saw Zara he softly calmed down.

Giovanni got up and paced around the room. "That sick son of a bitch." Giovanni grits out as he angrily throws a vase against the wall. Zara flinches and cries out. I cover her ears and look towards him. "Giovanni, control yourself." Papa threatens him.

"I can't. I fucking can't. My little sister, out there by herself, got raped. Got abused. No one to protect her. She was by herself. ALONE." His voice cracks and I see a tear fall down his face. 

I let my own tears fall as I watch my big brother fall apart. He looks at me and that's when he breaks. He crouches down and puts his hands in his face. Mama quickly makes her way to him including Raffaele and Emilio.

I set Zara down next to Ottavio and walk over to Giovanni. I sit in front of him and wraps my arms around him. "Gio, I'm fine now. Please. I'm okay." My own voice betrays me as it cracks.

He sniffles in my chest but keeps me close as I rest in his lap. We were propped up against the couch so I was sitting down in his lap and his head lying on my chest.

I kiss the top of his head and run my fingers through his hair. Papa clears his throat and I look over at him.

"Did he do anything that almost risked your life?" Papa asks me and I shake my head. "I stayed away from any dangerous activity he had going on." He nods his head and looks over to Zara.

I look over at her and stifle a laugh. Everyone looks over at Ottavio and Zara.

She is trying to put his hair up in a small ponytail and uses her hello kitty scrunchie. Once she gets most of the front of his hair into a ponytail. She looks back and giggles before putting her face into his chest.

Ottavio laughs lightly and kisses her head. She looks up and looks over at me. "Mommy, look at TT. He looks so pretty." She gushes over him and squishes his cheeks together.

I laugh and nod my head. "Yes baby. TT looks really pretty." He glares at me and everyone laughs.

"How old is Zara?" Ciro asks as he plays around with her. Zara looks at him with a smile. "I'm three!" She holds up three fingers. Everyone smiles at her as she continues playing with Ottavio's hair.

"We need to get her some stuff." Emilio says and Fabrizio nods. "Designer clothing or simple?" Ciro asks our brothers.

"Designer."

"Simple."

Ottavio and I say at the same time.

"No, don't spend all your money." I shake my head and feel Giovanni lift his head up. "Shut up Tehlani. I'll spend every dime on you and my niece." I look down at him and glare. "No the hell you won't. Try me Giovanni." He pins my back towards his front and puts me in a choke-hold.

I grin and grip at his arms. "Let me go Gio." He smirks and laughs. "Not until you agree that we can spend money on you two." I laugh and shake my head. "Stubborn as hell. I wonder where she gets it from." Papa smirks and looks over at Mama. She playfully glares at him.

"Yes! Spend money, now let go of my mommy." Zara jumps on Giovanni by wrapping her arms around his neck. She giggles as he lets me go and wraps an arm around her. I laugh at the two.

Looking around, I smile as I look at my family. I missed this. So much.

I feel someone wipe a tear. Ottavio looks at me with concern. "What's wrong?" I look around and see my family looking at me. I smile and shake my head. "Nothing. I just missed you guys. So much." More tears fall out as my lip wobbles and a small sob comes out.

Mama sobs and hugs me. I then feel more arms wrapped around me and mama and I laugh.

I'm so glad to be back.