One

"Tehlani, get your ass out here now

"Tehlani, get your ass out here now." Pounding against my door as I hurry and throw things into a duffel bag. "Just fucking wait Daniel." It goes quiet. Then a gunshot goes off. My babygirl jolts up with a cry.

I scream and quickly grab my baby and duffle bag. Looking by the door, Daniel was repeatedly shooting it down. "Mommy!" I whimper and look around trying to find a way out. A hand comes in contact with my hair and with a tight grip.

I yell out and pain and wrap my arms around my daughter tighter. Daniel's grip on my hair is so hard that I can feel my scalp bleeding. I struggle to get out his grasps but he socks me across the face. My babygirl cries as she falls out my grip. I grab her right when he drags me out by my hair.

"You wanted to escape bitch? Not the fuck today." He proceeds to drag me into the living room. "Let me go!" He lets me go and kicks his foot right across my face. "Shut up, bitch!" And he does it again.

"I have your fucking child in my arms! Are you fucking crazy?!" I scream at him and he grits his teeth with a clenched jaw. "That little bitch will NEVER be my goddamn daughter." He reaches for her hair but I scoot back and kick my foot up, making contact with his jewels.

I get up quickly and run down the hall away from him. I needed to find a way out. I hear Zara crying into my chest and that made me push more into finding a way out.

I hear his rushing footsteps coming down the hall. I hurry quickly and go inside a bedroom, locking the door. I sit Zara on the bed and barricade the door. I moved the dresser, the closet, the desk, all just to keep him from coming inside.

I step back and rush over to my baby. I pick her up and run into the bathroom with her. I lock the bathroom door and look around to see any possible weapons.

"Don't think you can get away from Tehlani. I'll fucking find you." Daniel yells out and aggressively bangs against the bedroom door.

I whimper slightly, not seeing anything to protect us. I continue to look until I hear the bedroom door bust open. "Where are you little bitch?" He grits out and walks around the room.

I put a hand over my mouth to keep the silent cries and whimpers away. The tough and confident barrier I had was slowly vanishing away, knowing we won't be able to make it out alive.

"Mama, window." Zara points at the bathroom window. I look at her and see tears rolling down her cheek.

I kiss both her cheeks and smile softly. "Mommy loves you little one." I grab the nearest towel and make a somewhat strap holder to put Zara in safely. I tie her to my stomach and wrap my arms tightly around her torso.