Ayda almost choked. Good luck Nifsara! She didn't know how horrible it was to have such a mother and she was very willing to let her find out.

"You are very kind."

Ayda rolled her eyes and followed Nifsara to the tea room. Nifsara helped Ayda's mother sit down before pulling Ayda's chair. Ayda stared at it with a grimace. Why the hell would she help her? Move away!

"Ayda?"

She turned to her mother:

"What?

-Sit down. You are making Lady Brack uncomfortable."

Ayda walked around Nifsara and went to a different chair before pulling it and sitting down. She knew that she must have looked childish but if that made Nifsara hate her then it was all for the better.

"Ayda!

-What? I am sitting."

Her mother turned to Nifsara:

"I am so sorry, she isn't yet used to life in society."

Ayda found this funny and pretended to feel bad:

"Oh, no... Were you pulling the chair for me? I didn't understand at all, I am so sorry."

Nifsara smiled before sitting down:

"No problem. I should have made it clearer."

Why the hell was she smiling? Ayda obviously lied. Nifsara however didn't seem to care and she lifted the tea pot before pouring Ayda some tea:

"I will serve you."

Ayda straightened up. Was she referring to the day before? Was she finally mad about something?

"I wouldn't want you to get burned."

Nevermind... She was just worried that Ayda was clumsy enough to burn herself.

"Speaking of which, how is your leg? Are you feeling better?

-Thank you for asking. I am perfectly fine, don't worry. Lady Ayda didn't hurt me at all."

Ayda frowned. Was this a challenge? She could hurt her if she really wanted to. Ayda immediately hit her tea cup and it spilled towards Nifsara. The latter however was quicker and jumped up just in time. She immediately turned to Ayda:

"Are you okay? Did you get burned anywhere?"

Ayda shook her head:

"No."

Nifsara sighed:

"Thank God."

Ayda continued trying to hurt Nifsara again and again for the whole conversation. She would elbow Nifsara while grabbing cookies, drop her cup while talking... Nothing could get at Nifsara and Ayda wondered if she was staying polite because her mother was there. Maybe if they managed to be alone, Nifsara would drop her act. Ayda looked up at her mother and suddenly kicked her under the table. Her mother jumped before glaring at Ayda. The latter just smiled:

"Mother? Are you all right? Is it your stomach again?

-You..."

She sighed:

"I am fine, thank you for worrying."

She kicked her again:

"Are you sure? You don't seem fine.

-Ayda... Stop whatever you're doing.

-Me? I am simply worried about you, mom."

Just saying it felt weird.

"Do you remember what we talked about in the carriage?

-That I shouldn't talk here and let you do all the boot licking? I never agreed to that.

-Ayda!"

Her mother suddenly looked at Nifsara:

"Haha... She is just joking.

-Why would I? I don't have time for that. So why don't we start being honest with each other? I want you to leave the two of us alone.

-Okay, that's enough jokes, Ayda. I think we bothered Lady Brack for long enough. She is probably tired. We should go."

Madame Maganti grabbed Ayda's arm but the latter pulled it away immediately.

"Ayda! What do you think you are doing?"

Ayda looked down at her fork. She knew what was waiting for her if she followed her mother home and she didn't feel like playing this little game anymore. Should she just go for it? If she attacked her mother out of nowhere then Nifsara would think her crazy. If a crazy person was getting too dangerous she would kill her right? Ayda decided that she couldn't know until she tried and just decided to go for it. She grabbed her fork but she didn't have time to lift it that Nifsara suddenly covered her hand.