Chapter five

I low-key feel like I'm fudging everything up with how many creative deviations I'm taking from what actually happened, but they're all really small details. So I don't know if that's just going to annoy people or if it's small enough not to matter. Whatever.

"We did it! We did it!"

Tsu released Shoji and Todoroki, her tongue flying back into her mouth as she leapt at me in a hug. Jumping up and down in excitement, I squealed, "You were amazing!"

"So were you! Ribbit!"

I pulled away from the hug, turning and offering my hands to our defeated opponents. 

"Good game."

Shoji accepted my hand with an appreciative nod, but Todoroki ignored me, his face pinched in irritation, standing up and turning away on his own.

I tapped him on the shoulder.

"Hey." I smiled a little bit. Todoroki stared at me. "You did a great job back there. That ice trick was amazing."

"Clearly not good enough," Todoroki said curtly, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "How did you manage to escape it?"

"Well, Tsu jumps really far." I glance back at my frog-like new friend, watching her walk back down to the waiting room. "Walk and talk."

I gesture for him to follow me, and, to my surprise, he does.

"As I was saying, Tsu jumps really far. My guess is that she just jumped to a point where the ice had already risen to it's full height, so she wouldn't get stuck. I used high heels."

Todoroki blinked. "High heels?"

I rounded the corner, arriving at the bottom of the stairs to the observing room. "Yeah, high heels. Had 'em in Hammerspace, so I just took them out and stepped on them. The ice froze them to the ground and not my shoes."

"...Clever." Todoroki nodded, turning and walking away without me. 

I stood there, waving and calling back, "Thanks!!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I waved goodbye to Iida and a freshly healed Midoriya- he had broken his bones again during his fight with Bakugou- and started off towards the bus stop with Ochaco.

We were talking about the day's events, mostly complimenting each other back and forth and laughing, when I noticed a familiar red and white haired figure out of the corner of my eye. Stopping, I turned around.

"Hey, Todoroki!"

Todoroki stopped and glanced back at me. I waved at him. "Have a great night! See you tomorrow!"

And he freezes. There's a moment of silence.

He brings his hand up for a small moment, then lowers it. "Right. See you then... I guess."

He walks away. Ochaco and I board the bus in silence.

Another pause.

"Progress!" I throw both of my hands up in the air, falling happily into an empty seat. Ochaco laughs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"TELL US, WHAT'S IT LIKE HAVING ALL MIGHT, THE NUMBER ONE HERO, AS A TEACHER?"

"Uh- I dunno, I really gotta get to cla-"

"WHAT KIND OF TRAINING DO YOU DO?"

"HOW IS ALL MIGHT AS A TEACHER COMPARED TO HIS HERO STATUS?"