I meet Kirby?

To say that the next month was a blur would be an understatement. There was a lot of preparation to do to get ready for my enrollment in U.A.

Thankfully, Principal Nezu was a saint, so most of it was taken care of for us.

My U.A. uniform arrived in the mail the week after my acceptance, and my textbooks showed up the week after that, all pre-paid.

I also found and purchased an emotional support plushie- a round, squishy, black cat stuffed animal that I christened Bagheera and carried around with the rest of my supplies.

The week after I received my textbooks, a letter came in the mail requesting hero costume designs, which I submitted with enthusiasm. I had gone through roughly eight designs before I submitted it, to the point where everyone I knew started to get irritated at my constant babbling about it.

Now, after all the work and waiting, I was finally on my way.

On the bus.

To school.

To UA.

Mom sat in the seat across from me in her nurses uniform and worn crocs, while I stood holding the handhold attached to the roof of the bus, my heart beating a million miles an minute in my chest.

The bus slowly swayed to a stop in front of the hospital.

"Alright sweetheart, you have a good day today." Mom kissed my cheek as I materialized and dematerialized my emotional support plushie in my hand absentmindedly.

"I will Mom!"

"And don't be nervous. Your classmates are kids, just like you. You're gonna be fine."

"I'm not nervous."

Mom raised an eyebrow and glanced pointedly at Bagheera. I looked down at the plush for a moment, then sat down in Mom's empty seat with a huff.

"Fine. I'm nervous. Now hurry up, you'll be late."

Mom smiled, kissed my head, and hurried off the bus with a few other early-morning commuters. The bus doors swung closed behind her, and the engine cranked to life as the vehicle began to move again.

Could you really blame me for being nervous? I mean, U.A. was the most prestigious school for heroes there ever was and ever will be! And I was just casually sitting on the city bus in my U.A. uniform to start my first ever day of high school.

As I sat in my bus seat, silently stressing to myself, a movement from the back of the bus caught my eye. I looked up from where I was strangling Bagheera against my chest to see a girl, a little shorter than me, with short, milk chocolate hair and dark brown eyes. She walked up to me, the skirt of her U.A. uniform bouncing around her thighs as she smiled bright enough to light up a city.

"Hi!"

A small, nervous smile was returned as I replied, "Hello."

I glanced down, then shifted over to the vacant seat next to me, silently inviting the girl to sit down. "Are you going to U.A. too?"

"Sure am! I'm Ochaco Uraraka!" She plopped down next to me without a care in the world, grinning and extending her hand. Her cheeks were really pink, and she had this kind of cheerful vibe. What did it remind me of? "It's super cool to meet you! And I love your stuffed animal!"

"Oh, this?" I looked down at it, grinning and taking her hand. "It's for the nerves. Wanna hold her?"

And so, I made my first school friend before I even got to school.

Ochaco was awesome. She insisted that I use her first name, which I returned, chatting the whole bus ride about anything and everything we could think of, from cats to our quirks to what video games and books we liked.