I save Shoto from his sperm donor (and what do I get in return?)

"It's Izuku Midoriya from the hero course, versus, Hitoshi Shinso from general studies!"

"Agh! Why did they have to fight? Now I don't know who to root for!" I leaned over the balcony, pulling a pair of binoculars out of my inventory to see better as President Mic introduced the two competitors and a basic recap of the rules.

"You're rooting for Shinso?" Ojiro spoke from behind me. He didn't sound particularly upset- maybe a little irritated that I was rooting for the guy who had brainwashed him, but rightfully so.

"Yep," I nodded. "Don't get me wrong, I love Midoriya to death, but I sorta get where Shinso's coming from."

Leaning back over the balcony, I fiddle with the binocular knobs to zoom back a little and focus on the two boys. "Looks like they're talking- Oop, there he goes."

Midoriya ran forward, shouting something, then froze as Shinso easily took control of his brain. Ojiro groaned loudly. "I warned him not to say anything!!"

I continued leaning over the balcony as Iida and Ochaco stood up, holding their breath.

Shinso didn't smile as he spoke. I couldn't hear what he was saying- they didn't broadcast what the fighters said for any children watching the festival (foul-mouthed teens could not be trusted)- but at his words, Midoriya turned and began to walk out of the ring.

President Mic howled in confusion as Ochaco and Iida began to shout. I sat forward in my seat, pressing the binoculars so hard against my face that I'm pretty sure they left circles around my eyes.

"Deku, what are you doing!?" Ochaco shouted as Iida waved his hands in every direction out of distress.

Midoriya continued to walk closer to the out of bounds line. I shook my head.

"Shoulda made him run. Give him less chance to fight back."

There was a small explosion of air, and Midoriya stopped moving. I smirked.

"See? Match over."

Ochaco sat back down, letting out a massive sigh of relief as Midoriya managed to judo-flip Shinso out of bounds.

"Midoriya wins!" Mic cheered. "I'll be honest, that was a really kind of a boring first match, kids, but both of you fought bravely!"

Shinso turned and walked away, as the support course started screaming and cheering for their classmate.

"I'm gonna go find him and Midoriya and congratulate them." I grinned and stood up, leaving the class observation box and wandering out through the hallways.

Let's see... Midoriya would be in Recovery Girl's office, so that means I have to... take two lefts, a right, and go down like five flights of stairs. Got it.

I started walking, humming absent-mindedly to myself as I moved.

The hallways were empty, the only sound being my footsteps and the song stuck in my head. So, naturally, when a familiar voice around the corner demanded, "What do you want?" I jumped half a foot in the air.

My first instinct after that was to respond, but another voice replied before I could, quickly reminding me that the voice was not speaking to me.

I didn't like the sound of the conversation that followed.

"You're acting disgracefully, Shoto. If you had simply used the power in your left side, you would've had an overwhelming victory in both of the first rounds. It's time to stop this childish rebellion of yours."

Footsteps drew closer as the second voice continued to speak, and Shoto's familiar shadow, growing steadily closer, appeared in front of the hallway I lurked in.