chapter 31

*Momo woke up in a daze. After multiple meetings, coffee, energy drinks, sleepless nights and days, her body finally collapsed on the bed Friday. She looked at her clock/calendar and basically jumped out of bed.*

Momo; lies!! Lies I say!! How the fuck is it Monday already?!! Where did my weekend go?!! Wait, OH FUCK ERI!!!

*Eri left running to the bathroom to get ready for her normal routine that normally takes her 1 hour; she did it in 5 minutes, and my god did it show. Running with two different pairs of shoes, she made it to the dining room, seeing Eri and Kyoka there having breakfast.*

Momo:hi Eri!

Momo quickly kissed her daughter before grabbing a banana and running away.

Momo:bye Eri I completely forgot to pick Eri up. I'll be back soon!!

Momo left running as Eri and Kyoka just stood there, hearing the car turning and leaving at full speed.

Eri:. 20 minutes

Kyoka:1 hour

Eri:bet

1 hour later

*We see a self-hating momo in her car over and over again insulting herself for sleeping through the pickup time for her own daughter when her brain finally caught up to her and she hit the brake pedal with all her force, almost causing an accident. Momo ignored all the honks as the event of that morning came back to her.*

Momo:Eri was eating breakfast; Kyoka was eating with her; Kyoka picked Eri up and

*She looked at her phone, feeling a little better about herself as there were no messages from Kyoka warning her she was going to do it. With a sigh, she turned around and started driving back home. Now her self-hatred turned into pure, raw embarrassment.*

Another hour later

*She made it home seeing Eri and Kyoka on the couch. Eri was pouting while Kyoka had a smug grin on her face, waving the 50 bucks around.*

Kyoka: Well, well, well, look who decided to join us.

Momo: Shouldn't you be in your own home?

Kyoka: Hey, how about a thank you for picking your daughter up?

Momo: Oh yes, thank you for now texting me that you're going to do that.

Kyoka: Even if I did, the results would've been the same: you running for your life since your body crashed and made you sleep for days, but after only 3 days of sleep, I was for sure you wouldn't wake up until Thursday.

Momo:mimimimimi

*Momo said in a high-pitched tone that was supposed to mimic Kyoka. Momo pouting crashed on her couch, lazily taking off her shoes before glancing at Eri.*

Momo: Shouldn't you be at school?

Eri: It's a holiday.

Momo just groaned loudly as she was slowly becoming one with the couch.

Momo: I blame my alarm clock...

Momo mumbled, making Kyoka snort in amusement. The 3 of them stayed like that, just watching a samurai trying to get back to the past. When her phone buzzed, she looked and was surprised as it was a message from Izuku.

Burned nugget: Hey, are you busy?

Fat cow:not at the moment. Is something the matter?

Burned nugget: Do you think you could meet me at xxxx xxxx xxxx by sundown?

Fat cow: I'll be there.

Momo put her phone away, and a feeling of melancholy filled her heart and a lump on her throat as she had an idea of what this was about.