𝟐𝟑: 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

"You're a dickhead, Weasley." Eden playfully rolled her eyes, straightening out her skirt and jumping from the table.

"Acting like you weren't screaming out for me less than a minute ago, Avery." He replied with a mocking tone. 

She shook her head, smiling knowing he was right. She watched him buckle his belt before picking up their bags, passing Eden hers. 

"Shouldn't we go to potions?" Eden frowned as they left the classroom, heading in the direction of the Great Hall.

"And have Snape question why we are both an hour late? You're on your own if you want to do that." He snickers.

The two sat opposite each other on the Gryffindor table, and after much protest from Fred, Eden convinced him to do the work they missed from potions. Luckily, it wasn't too much, just copying some stuff down from the textbook. It soon turned to break, and the hall flooded with students. The two put their books back into their bags as their friends gathered around them.

After listening to Hermione complain about Umbridge, Eden felt a tap on her back. She turned around and was met with Snape, who was staring at her as if she had just casted an unforgivable curse.

"Miss Avery, Mr Weasley. Come with me." He spoke lowly.

"Which Weasley, there's three of us?" Fred tried to joke.

"I think it is very obvious, come with me. Don't waste any more of my time." Snape muttered.

Eden rose and followed Snape, Fred tensly walking beside her. Snape stopped in a secluded corner of the hall, clearing his throat.

"Mr. Weasley, Miss Avery, do you care to explain why you were both absent from my lesson this morning?" He said, his voice low and menacing.

"I felt ill after breakfast this morning and I went back to my dorm. I feel better now, though." Eden quickly replied, almost as if she had planned it out.

"And you, Weasley?" Snape locked eyes with Fred.

"I had a headache." He shrugged.

"What a coincidence. Detention, both of you. I expect to see you at my classroom door, 6pm sharp." Snape walked away, avoiding protest from the two.

Eden sighed as Snape walked away. The last thing she needs right now is a detention with Snape. Eden and Fred made their way back to the Gryffindor table, re-joining all of their friends.

"What was that about?" George frowns.

"He gave us detention." Eden rolled her eyes.

"What did you do?" Hermione asks.

"We didn't go to his class this morning." Fred shook his head.

"Why would you skip?" Harry questioned.

"I would rather not disclose that information, Potter." Fred spoke.

Eden was furious with Snape, he didn't even give her a chance to tell him that they had already done the work for the lesson, and it wasn't a big deal that they missed. It wasn't like they did anything special in the lesson, Snape tells students that they will be doing a practical lesson a week in advance, so all they would have been doing is copying from a textbook.

--

6pm rolled around and Eden found herself stood outside of Snape's classroom with Fred, waiting to be let in. They had been waiting for only a few minutes, and Fred couldn't help but smirk as he looked at his watch.