𝟏𝟒: 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡

'and the voices say, "you are not the exception, you will never learn your lesson".  foolish one, stop checking your mailbox for confessions of love that ain't never gonna come.' - foolish one by taylor swift.

In the morning, Eden wakes up and sits on her windowsill to smoke a cigarette. After stubbing it out, she gets in the shower and washes her hair with minty shampoo and uses cocoa shower gel to cleanse her tanned skin.

After, she washes her face and brushes her teeth. Then, she sits down and puts on her makeup, putting in extra effort to ensure that Fred will notice her. She braids her hair into two Dutch braids and pulls out two pieces at the front to frame her face with.

She dresses into her uniform, and shortens the skirt to make it look smaller than usual, slips on her shoes, and puts on her Slytherin robe.

When she leaves her dorm and walks up the stairs, she sees Draco waiting for her. The two walk to the great hall for breakfast and sit at the Slytherin table. Eden chooses to have a slice of toast, cereal and fruit along with a cup of tea as she starts her day.

She then makes her way to her first class, which is transfigurations. She sits in her seat and witnesses the grey and black cat transform into Professor McGonagall. Eden was unable to pay attention to a word she was saying the entire lesson, because the only thoughts she had were all about the ginger boy.

"Class is dismissed." McGonagall announces, and Eden packs away her books and leaves the classroom swiftly.

She speed walks to charms class and takes her seat, butterflies filling her stomach in anticipation for Fred's arrival.

She finds herself staring at the door, waiting for him to walk in. Finally, Fred, George and Lee walk in laughing with each other. George and Lee walk over to their seats on the right hand side of the room while Fred walks over to the left and sits down next to Eden.

She glances over to George and sees him wink at her, which she quietly laughs at and stickers her tongue out.

"Hey Eden. You excited to spend the next two hours with me." He smirked.

"Yeah, super excited." She tries my hardest to sound sarcastic, even though she actually is excited to spend the next two hours with him.

"You look good with those plaits." He smiles as he rests his cheek on his hand, almost admiring her.

"Thank you." She smiles, blood rushing to her cheeks.

Flitwick walks in and begins to teach, Eden taking notes on what she is being taught. Occasionally, Fred's hand brushes against hers since he is right-handed and she is left-handed.

"Fred, what is that on your hand?" She whispers as she notices some faded writing on his hand.

"Oh, Umbridge." He shrugs.

"What do you mean?" She furrows her brows.

"She gave me and George detention because we ripped up someone's notes, I don't think she knows she can't use torture as a punishment these days."

She gently holds his hand while tracing her finger over the writing, which clearly says I must not disadvantage other students.

"Fuck, I didn't even know she did this. She isn't like this with us." She look up and him with a sad smile on her face.

"She loves you, Slytherins." He sighs.

--

After charms, she walks out with a smile plastered on her face. Multiple times he complimented her, saying her hair looked nice, or that she just looked good in general. Also, he was staring at her a lot, even when she wasn't looking at him. She gets a warm feeling in her heart, he must have argued with Angelina last night, and called it off for good. Surely that is what happened, he wouldn't be saying all of this to Eden if he had a girlfriend.