Play Date Gone Wrong

Start from the beginning

"Alright you two, it's lunch time!" Inko said as she led the two children to the kitchen table where she had sandwiches ready for them. Yuna and Izuku ate quickly then went back to Izuku's room to continue their play date.

"So what do you wanna do Yuna? We already did what I wanted to do. So now it's your turn." Izuku said as Yuna looked over at the book shelf in his bedroom. There, Izuku had a collection of picture books, graphic novels and comics. Yuna picked out one of the graphic novels with All Might on the cover.

"Let's read this!" Yuna said as she untied the simple loose knot of her blanket around her neck and took it off.

"Okay!" Izuku said as he took off the All Might costume he was wearing over his clothes and lay down on his stomach next to her, grabbing his All Might doll that was nearby. Now Yuna couldn't exactly read yet, so she narrated what she thought the words said based on the pictures on the panels. Izuku loved listening to Yuna "read" out loud. It was relaxing and fun.

"... The heroes were having trouble with a strong villain and were about to give up. Just then, All Might appeared and said 'Have no fear, because I am here!' Then he rushed into action and took down the villain with one punch! The villain was arrested and put in jail and people crowded around All Might and cheered. The end." Yuna said as she traced her finger over the last of the panels and closed the book. Izuku sat up and pumped his fist in the air.

"Yes! All Might is the best! I wanna be just like him!" Izuku said excitedly.

"Yeah, that would be awesome! I wonder what quirk I'm gonna get. I hope it's just like my dad's quirk. But getting Mom's quirk would be cool too. Or better yet, a combo of the two!" Yuna said with equal excitement as Izuku.

"What about you Izuku? What quirk do you think you're gonna get?" Yuna asked her best friend. Izuku thought for a moment.

"I don't know. My mom can float small objects towards her and apparently my dad could breathe fire. Whatever quirk I get, I hope it's just as cool as Kacchan's quirk." Izuku answered as he recalled the day Katsuki Bakugo's quirk manifested at school. It was a couple days after he turned four. Then he remembered something.

"Hey Yuna? You just turned four one month ago so you should be getting your quirk soon." Izuku said as his eyes lit up, excited for his best friend who chuckled.

"Haha yeah. Hey, wouldn't it be funny if I got my quirk today?" Yuna asked Izuku.

"Maybe you should try teleporting or opening a portal to see if you can." Izuku suggested as Yuna smiled in excitement at the idea.

"Okay! Let's see... My mom just holds out her hand in front of her to open portals. Let's try that first." Yuna said as she held out her hand and tried to open a portal but to no avail.

"Aww bummer. Looks like that didn't work." Izuku said as Yuna sighed in disappointment. Then she thought for a second on how her dad activates his quirk.

"Hmm... My dad puts his pointer and middle fingers to his forehead and closes his eyes when he teleports." Yuna said as she touched her forehead with her right index and middle fingers and closed her eyes. Nothing happened again. Both her and Izuku were bummed out. Then he came up with an idea.

"Maybe try doing it with your left fingers. You always draw with your left hand." Izuku suggested as Yuna's facial expression brightened.

"Well my dad uses the fingers on his right hand. He's right-handed, unlike me and my mom... Wait a second... Izuku you're a genius!" Yuna said as she touched her left index and middle fingers to her forehead and closed her eyes. When she opened them, she was in a strange place she didn't recognize. She was in a grassy clearing surrounded by woods.