lockwood and co

Chapter 1: The Incident

Lockwood, Lucy, and George had just returned from a particularly grueling assignment. They were all covered in dirt and grime, but Lockwood seemed to be in worse shape than the others. His shirt was torn, and blood seeped through the fabric, staining it a dark red.

Lucy's eyes widened as she noticed the blood. "Lockwood, you're bleeding!" she exclaimed, rushing over to him.

Lockwood waved her off, a nonchalant smile on his face. "It's nothing, just a scratch," he said, his voice strained.

George, always the sarcastic one, chimed in, "Oh, just a scratch? Well, I'm glad you clarified that, Lockwood. Here I was thinking you were bleeding out."

Lockwood shot him a glare, but it quickly turned into a wince as pain shot through his body. He tried to hide it, but Lucy saw right through him.

"Lockwood, you can't just play down your injuries like that," Lucy said, her voice filled with concern. "We need to take care of you."

Lockwood sighed, his stubbornness shining through. "I'll be fine, Lucy. We have dinner in an hour, and I don't want to ruin it."

Chapter 2: Dinner and Discomfort

An hour later, the three of them sat around the dinner table. Lockwood winced as he tried to find a comfortable position, but the pain was relentless. He clenched his teeth, determined not to let it show.

George, always the observant one, noticed Lockwood's discomfort. He raised an eyebrow and smirked. "Lockwood, I didn't know you were auditioning for a role in a Shakespearean tragedy. Your performance is quite convincing."

Lucy shot George a warning look before turning her attention to Lockwood. "Seriously, Lockwood, you need to tell us what happened. We're a team, remember?"

Lockwood sighed, realizing he couldn't hide it any longer. "Fine," he muttered. "I got hit by a ghost's attack. It's nothing serious, just a few broken ribs."

Lucy gasped, her anger flaring up. "Just a few broken ribs? Lockwood, that's not nothing! You could have been seriously hurt!"

Lockwood winced again, this time from Lucy's shouting. "I know, Lucy, but I didn't want to worry you. I'll be fine, I promise."

Chapter 3: Confrontation and Resolution

Lucy and George exchanged a glance, both realizing that Lockwood's stubbornness was getting in the way of his own well-being. They couldn't let him continue like this.

George, ever the joker, decided to lighten the mood. "Well, Lockwood, I guess we'll have to start calling you 'Iron Ribs' from now on. Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?"

Lockwood managed a weak smile, appreciating George's attempt to make him feel better. "Thanks, George. I'll add it to my list of nicknames."

Lucy, however, wasn't amused. She leaned forward, her voice filled with determination. "Lockwood, we care about you. We can't just stand by and watch you hurt yourself. You need to take care of your injuries properly."

Lockwood's eyes softened as he looked at Lucy. "I know, Lucy. I'm sorry for worrying you. I promise I'll take better care of myself from now on."

Lucy nodded, a sense of relief washing over her. "Good. We're a team, Lockwood, and we need to look out for each other."

Lockwood reached out and squeezed Lucy's hand, a silent promise passing between them. From that moment on, they would face the dangers together, supporting each other through thick and thin.

And so, Lockwood, Lucy, and George continued their adventures, their bond stronger than ever. They faced ghosts, solved mysteries, and laughed together, knowing that they would always have each other's backs.