Chapter 1: The Nightmare

Cal Kestis tossed and turned in his sleep, trapped in the clutches of a haunting nightmare. His brow furrowed, and beads of sweat formed on his forehead as he relived the horrors of his past. In his dream, he saw the destruction of the Jedi Order, the betrayal of his master, and the loss of his friends. The pain and guilt overwhelmed him, and he began to shout in his sleep.

"Please, no! Don't leave me!" Cal cried out, his voice filled with desperation. Tears streamed down his cheeks, mingling with the sweat on his face. His heart raced, and his body trembled as he fought against the memories that threatened to consume him.

In the neighboring room, Cere Junda and Greez Dritus were startled awake by Cal's cries. They exchanged worried glances before rushing to his side. Cere, always the calm and composed one, gently shook Cal's shoulder, trying to wake him from his torment.

"Cal, wake up! It's just a dream," Cere whispered, her voice filled with concern.

Greez, on the other hand, couldn't resist injecting a bit of his trademark sarcasm. "Yeah, kid, you're giving us all a heart attack here. Can't you have normal dreams like the rest of us?"

Cere shot Greez a playful glare, her eyes filled with affection for their young Jedi companion. "Greez, be nice. Cal can't control his nightmares."

Cal's eyes fluttered open, his cheeks wet with tears, and his lip bleeding from biting it in his sleep. He took a deep breath, trying to steady himself, and wiped away the evidence of his distress. His voice was hoarse as he spoke, his words laced with a touch of wit.

"Sorry to ruin your beauty sleep, Greez. Didn't mean to give you a heart attack," Cal said, a small smile lighting up his face.

Greez rolled his eyes, but a hint of a smile tugged at the corners of his lips. "Yeah, yeah, just try not to scare us half to death next time, will ya?"

Cere couldn't help but chuckle at their banter, grateful that Cal's nightmare had come to an end. She reached out and gently brushed a strand of hair away from his face, her touch filled with warmth and affection.

"Are you alright, Cal?" Cere asked, her voice soft and caring.

Cal nodded, his smile widening. "Yeah, I'm okay. Just another trip down memory lane, I guess."

Greez crossed his arms, a mock stern expression on his face. "Well, next time you decide to take a trip, make sure to bring us some souvenirs. We could use a break from all this running and fighting."

Cal's smile turned into a grin, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "Sure thing, Greez. I'll make sure to bring you back a nice, shiny lightsaber."

Cere and Greez burst into laughter, their worries momentarily forgotten. Cal's infectious humor always managed to lighten the mood, even in the darkest of times. They may not say it out loud, but they cherished his presence and the light he brought into their lives.

As they settled back into their beds, the room filled with a sense of camaraderie and warmth. Together, they would face the challenges ahead, supporting each other through the nightmares and the battles. For in the midst of darkness, their friendship would always be a beacon of hope.

Little did they know, their journey was far from over, and more nightmares awaited them in the shadows. But with Cal's wit, Cere's strength, and Greez's sarcasm, they would face whatever came their way, united as a team.

And so, they drifted back to sleep, ready to face a new day, and whatever adventures it may bring.

End of Chapter 1.