lockwood and co

Lockwood and Co: Unseen Wounds

Lockwood stumbled into the office, his steps unsteady and his face pale. He winced as he tried to hide the pain etched across his features, but Lucy and George were quick to notice.

"Lockwood, what happened to you?" Lucy asked, her voice filled with concern.

George, ever the sarcastic one, chimed in, "Did you finally pick a fight with a ghost, Lockwood? Or did you just trip over your own feet again?"

Lockwood attempted a weak smile, but it quickly faded as he moved to put a hand on Lucy's shoulder. He flinched, his hand still covered in cuts and bruises. Lucy's eyes widened, and George's teasing tone vanished.

"What happened, Lockwood?" Lucy demanded, her voice laced with worry.

Lockwood hesitated, his gaze shifting to the floor. "It's nothing, just a little scuffle. I didn't want to worry you both."

Lucy's eyes narrowed, her voice growing stern. "Lockwood, we're a team. We need to know when something like this happens. You can't keep it from us."

George nodded in agreement, his usual playful demeanor replaced by a serious expression. "She's right, Lockwood. We're here for each other, through the good and the bad. You can't shoulder everything alone."

Lockwood sighed, realizing he couldn't keep his injuries hidden any longer. He slowly removed his gloves, revealing hands that were bloody and battered. His knuckles were bruised, evidence of the punches he had thrown.

Lucy gasped, her hand flying to her mouth. "Lockwood, how did this happen? Why didn't you tell us?"

Lockwood's voice was barely a whisper. "I didn't want you to worry. It was just a fight, nothing more."

George's voice was filled with anger as he stepped forward. "Just a fight? Lockwood, you could have been seriously hurt! We're a team, remember? We look out for each other."

Lucy's anger matched George's as she stepped closer to Lockwood. "You can't keep doing this, Lockwood. We need you, and we can't have you getting hurt like this."

Lockwood's eyes filled with regret as he looked at his two friends. "I'm sorry, Lucy. I didn't mean to worry you both. I just... I thought I could handle it on my own."

George's voice softened, his concern evident. "Lockwood, we're here for you. We'll always be here for you. You don't have to face everything alone."

Lucy nodded, her voice gentle. "We're a team, Lockwood. We face the dangers together, and we support each other. Promise us you won't keep things like this from us again."

Lockwood nodded, a grateful smile tugging at his lips. "I promise, Lucy. From now on, I'll trust you both to have my back."

An hour later, the three of them sat around the dinner table, the tension from earlier slowly dissipating. Lockwood's wounds had been tended to, but the evidence of his fight still lingered on his face.

As they ate, Lockwood moved to put a hand on Lucy's shoulder. This time, there was no flinch. Lucy looked at him, her eyes filled with concern and affection.

"Are you okay, Lockwood?" she asked softly.

Lockwood nodded, his voice filled with gratitude. "Thanks to you both, I am."

George, ever the joker, chimed in, "Well, I guess we'll have to find you a new nickname now. 'Bruised and Battered Lockwood' doesn't have the same ring to it."

Lucy rolled her eyes, but a smile tugged at her lips. Lockwood chuckled, grateful for the lightheartedness that had returned to their conversation.

Lockwood and Co may face unseen wounds, but together, they were stronger than ever. And as they continued their work, they knew that no matter what dangers they encountered, they would always have each other's backs.